A seamless extensible network for machine authentication & identity
Distributed Systems Architect$90k – $130k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Gradient Technologies® is a Cambridge, MA based venture backed startup developing a secure and privacy-preserving distributed system based on silicon root of trust and anonymous attestation. Our target platforms span from cloud-scale computing and storage, to the simplest of connected devices. Gradient is truly full stack: we’ve built our own secure processor architecture based upon over a decade of work at MIT and elsewhere. Combined with low level software security measures that enforce authenticity and integrity of information continuously, and a novel key management architecture - we achieve strong security and privacy guarantees with minimal overhead; it’s no longer a choice between security and collaboration - Gradient technologies provide for both.
At Gradient we see a world in which the authenticity and integrity of every electronic device, the software it operates, data it stores and computes, and information itself, are provable qualities by construction.
Gradient’s current team includes cryptographers and engineers from MIT, Berkeley, Columbia, the NSA, Apple and AMD.
What You’ll Do
As a distributed system architect with a strong background in security, performance, and design, you will lead development and implementation of the our large scale distributed key management and ledger protocol which operates within Gradient’s hardware secured trusted execution environments. You will collaborate on the design and deployment of our distributed systems architecture, node software, and developer tools. As the primary owner of the core network protocol, you will team with the hardware group to ensure optimal performance of the Gradient network.
As a key contributor, you’re a world class engineer excited by a fast paced startup environment and comfortable tackling lightly scoped problems with others of your caliber to have tremendous real-world impact in the near term. At Gradient you will have the opportunity to help build and shape the teams and technologies to achieve these audacious goals.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum eight years of experience in the field of distributed systems, networked systems, or distributed database design.
- Deep experience in systems/network security and secure protocol design.
- Experience in software performance engineering.
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure, distributed key infrastructure.
- Familiarity with distributed hash tables and distributed lookup protocols.
- Familiarity with direct anonymous attestation and remote attestation protocols (e.g. Intel EPID).
- Familiarity with low-level software systems highly desirable.
- Familiarity with hardware root of trust, secure boot, secure OS.
- Familiarity with trusted execution enclaves a plus.
Gradient at a glance
Gradient focuses on Internet Infrastructure, Enterprise Security, Internet of Things, and Distributed Systems. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.gradient.tech