Computer Vision, Machine Learning for Commerce
Senior/Principal Software Engineer$160k – $185k • 0.04% – 0.04%
Grabango Home Page: grabango.com
Who We Are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (technology founder of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across a given retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patent pending technology. Our accomplished team is a powerful combination of technology and commerce professionals that are working to “Eliminate lines and save people time!”
We’re looking for you if...
You recognize the need to balance pragmatism and creativity.
You have made mistakes, learned from them and avoided making them again.
You are able to use your knowledge and experience to help solve problems that may not be in your field of expertise.
You work well with a diverse team of high-quality people focused on customer delight.
You can rapidly become familiar with and apply new tools and technologies
What you'll be doing:
Within the first 3 months
- Getting up to speed on our various systems
- Expanding our data pipeline across multiple networks
- Instrumenting code to help us find areas to improve our designs
- Working with other developers to identify and resolve bugs
- Reducing latency and improving reliability of our internal APIs
- Collaborating on system design to optimize petabyte-scale data set management
- Supporting frontend developers in expanding our labeling and management system
Within the first 6 months
- Designing distributed computing infrastructure for real time data processing
- Scaling computer vision algorithms to run massively parallel in production
Tools we use:
We use a diverse set of tools. It helps if you are familiar with some of these, but we believe having a solid understanding of the principles of architecture and engineering best practices and the ability to apply prior knowledge to new problems are more valuable. Here's a set of keywords that might ring bells:
What you should have:
- 5+ years of Python experience with mastery of modern language features and libraries
- Understanding of REST APIs and managing ginormous data sets
- Experience designing high throughput streaming systems
Education & Certifications:
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
Execution Matters: Hire the best people, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Delight customers, both internal and external.
Simplify: Enough Said.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.