Helping companies to generate additional revenue easily from your customer support
Gorgias helps Ecommerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale.
Our product creates an unified profile of customers by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with Ecommerce data such as purchase and delivery info.
Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using ML. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're currently serving over 5000+ Ecommerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, and Fjällräven.
Is working with a real-world application that touches the lives of millions, your thing? Then yeah, Gorgias is for you.
👩💻 What are some of the things we work on?
The backend code is mostly written in Python3 and runs using Flask (REST API) and Celery for all background work. The state is stored in PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ for async tasks with Redis for ephemeral storage, and finally, everything runs on top of Kubernetes.
Given the above, we usually work on one of these levels by improving the existing API, improve performance, or we create a new feature which more often than not has a component on both backend, and maybe a migration in the database or a maintenance command.
🧙 Who are we at work?
We have a strong preference for people who worked with high-traffic web applications for the past 3+ years. We're essentially running a distributed system that has lots of moving parts and having a decent amount of experience with this type of system helps a lot!
Additionally, our apps have over 20k daily active users with sessions longer than 6h+/day and serve tens of millions end consumers per year, so we put great importance on quality, testing, and code-review of all our code. Some services that we're running have big codebases, and we have to feel comfortable about navigating and progressively improving them. Sometimes, however, we gotta and figure out why the 10Tb+ DB is slow or why some k8s pod is not running correctly, figure out how to successfully retry a failing API request, etc... The end goal is to hide a lot of complexity from the user and make their life easier.
If this is the type of environment you're looking for, then you should consider applying.
Job description (in a list!)
- 3+ years of experience managing a back-end team of engineers working on high-traffic web apps with a dynamic language such as Python or JS.
- 3+ years of experience working with large RDMS or document databases.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
- You care about working on applications that are putting the customer needs first.
- You are comfortable communicating with other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress and provide project updates.
- You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, equity packages, and performance bonus packages
- 5 weeks of vacation and parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Natural sunlight and open office with lounge area
- Relocation package
- Complementary health coverage (Mutuelle)
- 50% of public transportation expenses
- Free lunch x5 a week
Useful Things to Know About Gorgias
- Raised our Series A in November 2019
- What our customers are saying about us
- Check-out our software stack
- We're hiring for other postitions!
Why Join US
- 🚀 Join a high growth tech startup at a crucial time, and with an unusually technical growth team
- ⚙️ Work at the core of our most valuable tool: our growth "machine" (that is discussed at Growth conferences all over the world!)
- 💡 Apply your engineering skills to concrete business problems, and have an impact on all stages of our business model (from Marketing to Success)
- 🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without scarifying quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
401k for US, PEE for France.
Paid parental leave
4 year vesting period with 1 year cliff.
Almost half our team is remote. Remote stipends provided and flexible hours.
Catered lunch 5x a week.
Never stop learning
1+ sponsored conference per year
Company retreats every 6 months
We have offices all around the world. It's great to get together sometimes.
Gorgias at a glance
Gorgias focuses on Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Productivity Software, Email, and Browser Extensions. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, and Belgrade. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Gorgias has raised $17.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.