GV provides venture capital funding to bold new companies
Jobs at GV
GV hasn't added any jobs yet
Get notified when GV posts new jobs.
Latest Stories and News
- this week
- Crowdsourced security testing platform startup Synack Inc. has raised $52 million in new funding to develop its technology, expand internationally and invest in its community.
- The Series D round was led by C5 Capital USA and included B Capital Group, GGV Capital, GV (previously Google Ventures), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Icon Ventures, Intel Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Microsoft Corp.’s M12 and Singtel Innov8.
- Although the valuation on the round was not officially disclosed, Fortune reported that it was $500 million.
- Syanak offers continuous security penetration testing powered by trusted ethical hackers and artificial intelligence technology.
- The company offers a cloud-based platform that includes on-demand remote access to more than 1,500 security researchers in 82 countries worldwide to scale continuous testing of web applications, mobile applications and host assets.
- this week
- The San Francisco-based company, with a goal of meshing data science and life science, announced Tuesday that it’s raised a $143 million round of funding, bringing the total amount of venture capital its raised to $243 million.
- Andreessen led the funding round, which included new investors T. Rowe Price Associate, BlackRock, Casdin Capital and CPP Investments. Current investors including ARCH Venture Partners, GV and Third Rock Ventures also participated.
- Some of the new capital from the funding round will go towards building up the company’s capabilities to develop drugs, including eventually hiring regulatory experts and other staff that have experience with drug development.
- this week
Enterprise barcode scanner company Scandit has closed an $80 million Series C round, led by Silicon Valley VC firm G2VP. Atomico, GV, Kreos, NGP Capital, Salesforce Ventures and Swisscom Ventures also participated in the round - which brings its total raised to date to $123M. The Zurich-based...
- 1 week ago
- Contentsquare, a French startup that meshes AI with predictive analytics to give brands insights into how consumers are interacting with their websites and apps, has raised $190 million in a series D round of funding.
- The round was led by BlackRock’s Private Equity Partners team, with participation from Bpifrance, Eurazeo Growth, Canaan, GPE Hermes, Highland Europe, H14, and KKR.
- Contentsquare is designed to help companies that are looking to optimize their digital properties by showing them not only where they may be losing customers, but why.
- In the past year, Contentsquare said it has doubled its global head count to 600, and now runs offices in its native Paris as well as Munich, London, New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, and Singapore.
- 3 weeks ago
- Uber is leading a $170 million investment round in Lime, the electric scooter and bike rental company announced Thursday.
- Bain Capital Ventures, Alphabet and separately its venture capital arm GV are also participating in the financing round.
- Under the deal, Uber will transfer its own electric bike and scooter division called Jump to Lime and the companies will further integrate their apps.
- The announcement comes after a turbulent couple of months for urban transportation. The pandemic-driven global lockdown has decreased demand for scooters and ride-hailing services.