We're on a mission to discover America's greatest local foods & makers, and ship them nationwide!
Full Stack Software Engineer - Consumer Team$120k – $150k • 0.0% – 0.2%
Goldbelly empowers the top food makers around the country to sell their specialty dishes (think deep dish pizza from Chicago, iconic Texas BBQ, etc) to food-lovers nationwide. Consumers know we are the marketplace of the best food you can get in the US. Merchants can use our platform to manage sales, fulfillment, reporting and easily create a new revenue stream. We're solving an incredibly complex problem around perishable shipping from n endpoints.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on our Consumer Team, you will be responsible for building features to excite and delight our customers as they navigate through the country's best eats. You will be working on projects that help consumers discover and experience iconic foods in every category. You will help take our site to the next level as we strive to achieve an E-commerce 2.0 experience and pioneering an online food ordering experience, where your food options are not limited by your zip code.
This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the food industry, and a passion for doing just that is critical-we want people who believe in their skills and their perspective and are ready to bring that awesomeness to the Goldbelly brand.
- Understand product objectives from an end-user perspective
- Lead the team to define clear strategies and vision
- Provide technical leadership to build a performative and user friendly experience
- Work closely with other engineers as well as other cross-functional teams on challenging problems
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentoring to your team
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related discipline
- Experience managing or tech-leading other engineers
- Industry experience with consumer facing e-commerce
- Great coding skills and understanding of data architecture
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL (bonus points)
- Typescript (bonus points)
- Kafka or other streaming platforms (bonus points)
- AWS (bonus points)
- Docker / Kubernetes (bonus points)
Meet your team
Goldbelly at a glance
Goldbelly focuses on E-Commerce, Marketplaces, Specialty Foods, and Food Tech. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Goldbelly has raised $33M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.