On-demand multi-service platform and digital payment technology group
Engineering Manager - Search & Recommendations
About the Role
As engineering manager for search and recommendations, you will be responsible for the overall delivery of your team and will interface very closely with business stakeholders and product stakeholders to deliver a cutting edge product aimed at improving customer experience on Gofood. You will work closely with PMs and tech leads in search streams to build deep food knowledge graphs and DS models which improve search relevance and ranking.
What You Will Do
- Work with tech leads of teams in GoFood Search and recommendation to deliver resilient technology solutions to achieve business goals.
- Oversee system design, architecture and graceful evolution for various services owned by GoFood Search and recommendation team.
- Be responsible for overall delivery timelines of different product initiatives which are part of GoFood Search and recommendation team.
- Work with GoFood HoE and Content vertical Engineering manager to define products/SOPs which improve the productivity of development teams and drive adoption of the same within Search and content vertical.
- Familiarity with search personalization, relevance and ranking models and defining strategies along with other PDG counter parts.
- Work with data science to integrate ML based models for search.
- Understand the user and their behavior and continuously contribute to making their experience better with each release.
- Communicate technology and business strategy to all streams in search team
What You Will Need
- Experience working in a high growth product company
- Deep knowledge of product architecture, various technology paradigms and development processes gained by a hands-on approach
- Experience delivering scaled systems in at least two independent tech stacks
- At least 8 years of experience, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack.
- Have hands-on experience with search engines like Solr, Elasticsearch.
- Experience in designing and validating search relevance and ranking models.
- Comfortable working with a highly distributed team
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Gojek at a glance
Gojek focuses on Financial Services, Information Technology, Payments, News, and Mobile Payments. Their company has offices in Singapore, Gurgaon, Karnataka, and Jakarta. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Gojek has raised $3.24B of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.