Helping businesses create happy, efficient, and well-informed employees
Senior Backend Developer$100k – $140k • 0.0% – 0.25%
Are you looking for your next challenge? Does your current role have you working on a stale tech stack? Work on a truly collaborative and energetic team. You'll have close proximity to the CTO with an open and supportive culture. See your contributions in the product and have the ability make changes with Houston's tech darling.
We are looking for smart, team first players that want to build a great product and have fun while doing it. We are a close-knit team of engineers with a core belief that together, we can solve ANY challenge that comes our way. We strive for “kaizen” (Japanese for “continuous improvement”) through our use of Scrum with weekly sprints and retrospectives (Side brag: Jeff Sutherland, the inventor of Scrum, is a long time GoCo client!).
You can learn more about our culture, mission and perks here: https://www.goco.io/careers/
Our Current Stack
React.js Single Page Application, with Redux and Relay
GraphQL API Server built on Ruby on Rails and Postgres
React Native mobile app
Heroku and AWS infrastructure
CircleCI Continuous Integration
Client and Server unit tests, plus full stack integration tests
What will I be doing?
- Building out our cutting edge GraphQL API
- Adding new feature functionality to our Web and Mobile Applications
- Scaling our architecture to support millions of users
- Contribute to an engineering culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Experience building APIs for consumption by Single Page Applications
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Expert in SQL, specifically Postgres
- Passionate about user experience, and not shy to give your input
- Comfortable working on a Mac and Linux based environments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment - we ship code every week
- Eagerness to learn new languages and technologies
- Collaborative, positive attitude, and self-motivated
- We sit together in close proximity to facilitate collaboration and pair programming
- We play light background music, and anyone can play the role of “Office DJ”
- If you need quiet space, we have private rooms to retreat to
- We like games: mini basketball, shuffleboard, and ping pong are staples
- Our campus has a relaxing lounge area, on-site gym, and plenty of places to walk and get food.
Benefits and Perks
- Casual dress code, in-office gaming systems, free snacks, company paid meals on Fridays, birthday lunches and snacks, free parking, and gym membership.
- Equity/Stock options
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Insurance benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, HSA and Life Insurance
More reading, for your leisure
We’re a small tech-startup. We have an open culture driven by honesty, hard work, fun and creativity! Your contributions at GoCo will have a high impact on the business giving you great meaning to your work.
A normal work day at GoCo hardly feels like work at all. We love to push the limits utilizing the latest modern tech and take pride in delivering to our users a platform that is delightful, intuitive and beautiful.
Personal learning and growth is also a key ingredient to GoCo’s culture. Managers act as mentors helping guide each team member in achieving their goals. If you’re a passionate, hard-working person wanting to make a big impact in their workplace, then we’d be delighted to work with you!
GoCo has been named one of Houston's best places to work by Houston Business Journal - let us show you why.