GoCater envisions a future where every caterer has the means to run a client-centric business
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Node or Rails€45k – €65k
We’re looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our technology goals. These include decomposing our existing platform into micro-services and building new products, from the ground up.
We value technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience
In July 2018 we joined forces with ezCater (read more here), the US-based world leader in the catering industry; and are therefore entering a new exciting age of hyper-growth, having raised a $100 million investment round!
Why should you immediately join us:
- We work on squads : we all work as equals, you provide your input on product and data analysis which has a short term impactful effect on the business.
- Data-driven environment, we constantly measure things.
- Take all the initiatives you can to reach a mission.
- Be part of the business decision.
- Fast project delivering : we quickly see the impact
- You are smart and able to have a wider vision on the project which means you are not only be the coder, but you are a key contributor to it.
- You will connect the business needs to the software that we build.
- Our team is small and growing. We are lucky to be backed by an experienced team who we can really benefit from.
- We work with the Boston software engineering team on various topics (60 people, 8 squads in Boston and the best in the industry).
What you’ll do:
- Leverage Node.js, React, Redux, GraphQL and PostgreSQL to build new features, applications, and services as we continually expand
React to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products with your squad
- Understand the core concept of software engineer and write well-performed code. (We believe well structured code will result in well performance)
- Evolve the user experience based on A/B test results, Google Analytics data, and customer feedback.
- Help us scale a website whose traffic is rapidly growing
- Min 3 to 5+ years of professional web development experience, with expertise in either Node.js or Ruby on Rails
- Solid SQL / relational database experience (Postgres is a plus but not required)
- A strong appetite for learning and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition
- Strong communication skills in English (French is not mandatory)
It is important to know that you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, medical insurance, contribution for public transports, a brand new office with a panoramic view of the canal and the Eiffel Tower, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, awesome and international co-workers (in Paris, Boston and Denver!), trips to Boston (team meetings, hackathons), weekly breakfast, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon!
Meet your team
Health insurance is provided so should employees have any health issues they have access their to medical professionals.
Let’s employees purchase company stocks so they have a level of personal ownership in the company.
Paid time off
Company pays for employees to join co-workers for breakfast each week.
Subsidized public transportation
Company pays for public transportation passes.
Flexibility around work/life balance
The employer takes into account life situations such as caring for an elderly relative or health issues and is flexible organizing your hours around that.