World’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers
Manager Internal and Employee Communications
GOAT Group is hiring a Internal Communications Manager who will be responsible for leading the company’s employee communications function globally. This is an integral function within GOAT’s Communications team, with the need for additional support increasing as the company continues working remotely for the foreseeable future. GOAT’s Communications team is responsible for the company’s corporate narrative, reputation and brand among key stakeholders including employees, investors, business partners, consumers, industry influencers, the broader communities where we operate and the media. Our team is passionate about GOAT’s vision, relentlessly focused on bringing our mission to life, and deploys the tools of a world-class Communications function in partnership with groups across the company. We believe Communications is a critical lever and business driver, and combine strategic creative thinking with agile tactical execution to contribute to GOAT’s success.
This individual will formulate and execute a comprehensive plan and roadmap to support GOAT’s efforts to create and sustain a world-class internal culture fully aligned with the company’s values, brand and business strategy. The goals for this role are to: bring GOAT’s employee value proposition to life through the use of innovative and impactful communications, support and increase employee engagement, establish best practices that inspire GOAT Group employees, and support the growth of the company’s business as it continues to scale. As a member of GOAT Group’s Communications team, this role will partner closely with GOAT Group’s People team, as well as work directly with the company’s executive leadership team and key functional areas of the business.
- Develop and implement an agile employee communications and engagement strategy and roadmap as part of the broader communications plan for the company
- Utilize communications to support key culture and People initiatives including but not limited to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, employee professional development, performance management processes and other key employee-focused programs
- Oversee, reimagine and help execute employee communications channels and tools, such as recurring company-wide All Hands meetings, GOAT’s internal newsletter and other techniques
- Manage the company’s presence and narrative on key employee-centric communications channels such as LinkedIn, Glass Door and develop employee branding opportunities to support GOAT’s recruitment and retention efforts
- Support People team with local and national community initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/PR, or related field
- 5+ years experience leading or being part of the employee communications function at other dynamic, high-growth private sector businesses
- Strong demonstrated writing and verbal communications skills
- Strategic thinker + hands-on practitioner
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Deep understanding of e-commerce and digital marketplaces
- Experience supporting senior executives and a proven ability to help provide guidance and direction to peers
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
GOAT Group at a glance
GOAT Group focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and New York City. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, GOAT Group has raised $197.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.