Award-winning reuse marketplace connecting corporates with charities, sme’s & individuals
Product Manager for B2B Marketplace£70k – £80k
Please only apply if you already live in the UK / London or planning to move soon here.
Globechain is looking for a Product Manager with B2B marketplace/ SaaS / e-commerce experience, interested in driving international expansion, while creating positive social impact.
We are a multi award winning reuse marketplace that connects corporate companies to charities and small businesses to redistribute unneeded
items, which creates valuable social impact data (ESG data).
We focus on retail, office, construction and medical sectors and operate globally, with the initial markets being in UK, Spain and the US.
We have won many awards, including Forbes start-up to watch in 2019. Our objective is to become the largest reuse marketplace globally and
we are growing our team to achieve this.
To reduce global waste and generate social impact. Our purpose is commercial with a conscience and while we pride ourselves on making a social impact, we are equally focused on revenue
generation and building a significant, world-class company.
Globechain’s clients include H&M; B&Q, Radisson Hotels, NHS, Invesco Perpetual, M&S, Simba etc. To date, we are proud to have saved charities over £2 million and diverted over 5,000 tonnes of waste from landfill. This is just the start of our exciting journey.
We are looking for a product manager that is comfortable in a fast paced and evolving environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup
culture, and above all be passionate about sustainability and social impact.
You have worked in a fast-paced B2B SaaS environment and understand the importance of being agile and adaptable to changing needs and
requirements. You are an excellent communicator and can seamlessly switch hats from sales mode to engineering mode.
As product manager we expect you to be able to bring the marketplace to life, generate ideas and get involved with the team in bringing ideas and
feedback to life in an agile environment. You will have had experience working with corporate B2B clients and understand the difference between
consumer models and B2B.
We expect a deep understanding of the customer, both our corporate partners on the supply side and demand channels. You’ll learn about the
customer journey, identify the most important problems that we could solve for them and develop a product vision that encourages widespread
adoption of our platform, maximising the impact Globechain can have
Some of your responsibilities
- You will help establish product vision, product roadmap and global rollout plans
- Handle roadmap priorities and trade-offs to ensure the successful delivery of features to the live site and that functionality delivered meets the customer and the business needs
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative and agile cross-functional team to understand the business requirements, gather customer feedback in identifying new opportunities and correcting course when needed
- You will work in close collaboration with Engineering, Marketing and Business Development on the planning, development and design of strategy from product initiation decision through to the alpha release
- You will actively communicate roadmap/feature status to the CEO, providing visibility on any functionality related changes or issues
- Defining metrics to track and optimise customer experience and partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts
- Develop pricing models and strategies
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies
Requirements (Skills and Experience)
- You are a dynamic professional with 7 years + experience in product management especially with web technologies and eCommerce and SAAS marketplace
- A knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data and a passion for creating a great customer experience
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems and the ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines
- You are familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Opportunity for personal and professional development in a fast-growing, well-funded and revenue generating startup
- Opportunity to grow into senior roles and manage a team
- Opportunity to have share options at the early stages of a promising business
- Half day off on your Birthday
No recruiters, outsourcing companies or contractors please
Role available from August 2020