Award-winning reuse marketplace connecting corporates with charities, sme’s & individuals
Head of Engineering£50k – £80k
Head of Engineering
Globechain is looking for a Head of Engineering, preferably with B2B marketplace/SaaS /ecommerce experience, interested in driving international expansion, while creating positive social impact.
We are a multi award winning reuse marketplace that connects corporate companies to charities and small businesses to redistribute unneeded items, which creates valuable social impact data (ESG data).
We focus on retail, office, construction and medical sectors and operate globally, with the initial markets being in UK, Spain and US.
We have won many awards, including ‘Forbes start-up to watch in 2019’.
Our objective is to become the largest reuse marketplace globally and we are growing our team to achieve this.
To reduce global waste and generate social impact.
Our purpose is “commercial with a conscience” and while we pride ourselves on making a social impact, we are equally focused on revenue generation and building a significant, world-class company.
Globechain’s clients include H&M, B&Q, Radisson Hotels, NHS, Invesco Perpetual, M&S, Simba etc..
We are looking for a Head of engineering that is comfortable in a fast paced and evolving environment, loves solving problems, thrives in a start-up culture, and above all be passionate about sustainability and social impact.
You have worked in a fast-paced B2B SaaS environment and understand the importance of being agile and adaptable to changing needs and requirements. You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable in managing people at the same time as developing new features with a small team.
As a manager we expect you to be able to bring the marketplace to life, generate ideas and get involved with the team in bringing ideas and feedback to life in an agile environment.
Territory: London, U.K.
Technical Skills and Experience
• Experience in scaling and growth start up environments - A MUST
• 8+ years software engineering and IT experience
• Solid experience in React, Python
• SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Building web application stacks and deploying them (CI / CD) on Cloud platforms like GCP, AWS
• API development and integrations
• Scaling applications to serve multiple geographies and varying traffic requirements
• Data analysis and visualisation (Big Query, Data Studio)
• Performance considerations and optimisation
• Web application security
• Agile development process
• Experience building all system design and changes in system architecture
- Responsible for feature deployment, stability of the business’s core platform stability, and the overall quality of the business’s web architecture • Ability to communicate effectively, not only to understand the business needs, but also to proactively advance our architectural vision • Experience in recruiting, managing and building a strong technical team • Take initiative in leading, innovation and strategy • Knowledgeable of technology landscape and advancements • Ability and energy to work with a small growing team to build a global business • Project management and organisation skills • Taking responsibility and owning the department confidently • Experience setting and managing OKRs • Experience dealing with VCs and C Level