Globality is your software distributions handler for your company
Director, Production Engineering
At Globality, we’re proud to embody the core values of innovation, collaboration, and trust in both our culture and product.
We’re creating ground-breaking technology utilizing a world-class, AI-powered Platform that revolutionizes how businesses buy and sell services. We are an open, inclusive, and diverse organization and our employees are at the heart of the great products we create.
We’ve raised over $172M and are supported by an impressive group of prominent investors, including Al Gore and SoftBank Vision Fund. Our co-founders, Joel Hyatt and Lior Delgo, are seasoned entrepreneurs who bring an extensive business-building experience to our organization. Our impressive board includes Dennis Nally (former Global Chairman of PwC) and Ron Johnson (former SVP of Apple).
We’re excited to deliver the best in both innovative technologies and customer-focused experiences to realize our mission of creating a more inclusive global economy. Come help us build something great!
Globality is recruiting a new Director, Production Engineering to oversee infrastructure that powers our Smart Sourcing platform. The successful candidate will lead various teams in the production and developer operations space and will be involved in the development of the infrastructure as well as building the organization to support it. You will work closely with the software engineering teams building infrastructure and will focus on driving scalability, stability, reliability, operability of services, and security. You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application for enterprise software.
What you will be doing:
- Support and lead engineers working on Globality's platform, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of systems and processes
- Drive and contribute to technical architectures, capacity plan, tools, automation plans, product launch plans and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resources
- Develop partnerships with product management, program management, software engineering and other related groups to build and improve our ever-growing large-scale distributed infrastructure and product environment
- Manage incident management for production systems and development infrastructure
- Balance the need to keep things running with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects
- Work with key stakeholders across Globality Engineering and CTO staff to ensure technical operations roadmap is understood and aligns to strategy and goals
- Working with the security team and compliance team to make sure we have the processes in place to deliver the best product for our fortune 500 clients
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of software development or DevOps management/leadership experience
- Proven track record in global production infrastructure operations and distributed system design as both an individual contributor and leader
- Experience with cloud computing, container orchestration, and service-oriented architectures. Ideal candidate would have extensive experience with AWS, CI/CD, and Kubernetes as well.
- Experienced with leading a global team responsible for 24x7, always-available infrastructure to meet the high availability needs, and strive to eliminate downtime and improve the scalability and reliability
- Thrive in a start-up environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes teams better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating.
Globality at a glance
Globality focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Small and Medium Businesses, Software, Enterprise Application, and Trade Platform. Their company has offices in London and Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Globality has raised $172.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.