Software Engineer$80k – $140k • 0.0% – 0.2%
At GiveCampus, our mission is to help schools advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We’re backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Y Combinator, and we’ve achieved 10X+ growth over the last two years. New schools join our community every day, and we’re expanding our team to support their efforts and continue innovating. (You can read more about what we do, and how we do it, in The Washington Post.)
We are looking for a brilliant and energetic Full Stack Engineer to join GiveCampus and help us take the platform to the next level. This individual will be a key member of our team, making technical decisions that will shape the company’s future. We want someone who can hit the ground running with our stack and who loves to brainstorm, write code, create new features, and have a big impact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on the full stack, from UI elements to database performance.
- Building new features from start to finish and back end to front end, including architecture design, coding, testing, and supporting in production.
- Tackling a wide variety of technical issues throughout our stack and contributing to all parts of the code base.
Key things we'll be looking for:
- Functional, real world programming experience (vs. theoretical).
- The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite).
- Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar.
- A track record of balancing fast-and-dirty and long-term code maintainability.
Extra credit if you have:
- Deep expertise with Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Postgres database administration.
- Shipped code that has supported tens of thousands of users, including enterprise/business customers.
- Experience in operations and how it pertains to site reliability/speed.
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues.
- Experience working on a fundraising/crowdfunding platform.
- Experience working on a fintech or payments technology product.
- A good eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design.
We are based in Washington, DC, and are looking for people here, in the SF Bay Area, or someone willing to move to DC.
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Competitive salary and equity packages.