We build better fundraising tech for nonprofits and give it away for free
Technical Writer, Help & How-To Content (Long Term Contract)$68k – $70k • No equity
Give Lively is a tech company that builds better fundraising products for nonprofits and gives them away for free. We are on a mission to empower nonprofits of all sizes, no matter their means, to participate in the digital fundraising revolution.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for producing help and how-to content for the thousands of nonprofits who use our fundraising platform to drive donations to support their missions. You will create and improve articles, guides, FAQs, and other collateral that expertly explains each aspect of our fundraising platform, including current functionality and new functionality as it develops.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will work closely with our Content Writer, Creative Strategist, Product Manager, Engineers, and our Client Success Team to ensure that we provide our nonprofit community a comprehensive set of relevant and accurate collateral to help them to their work.
If you have previous experience creating content for non-technical users in internet, consumer tech, web publishing, SaaS, or a related field, we encourage you to submit an application.
- Develop, organize, write and iterate on easy to use guides, how-to’s, FAQs and other help and instructional collateral.
- Communicate product features and benefits in ways that speak to our nonprofit users and help them understand and use our products.
- Document technical specifications with clarity and efficiency
- Proactively participate in the product development lifecycle, getting ahead of new product features to be able to explain them at launch.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and SMEs in Product, Engineering, Customer Support; partner with our Customer Support Manager to understand user pain points and develop content to address them.
- 4+ years experience writing and/or editing help & how-to content in a tech-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex user journeys and quickly translate those journeys into helpful, succinct guides.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, and bug-tracking software.
- Ability to expand on existing content while keeping the same style and voice.
- Passionate about social causes and helping nonprofits with technology.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills.
- High value on attention to detail and clarity.
- Organized, polished, and self-directed work style.
- Basic understanding of coding terminology and its functionality.
- Desire to use your tech skills, and quickly develop new tech skills, for the purpose of explaining what you learn to others.
This position pays between $30-35/hr on a 35-40/hr per week schedule. The contract does not have a specific end date, and may be eligible to be converted to full time/benefitted in the future. The role is on-site only in our Manhattan office.