We build better fundraising tech for nonprofits and give it away for free
Senior Engineer for Social Good$125k – $135k • No equity
At Give Lively, we build better fundraising tech for nonprofits and give it away for free. We help nonprofits like The Bail Project, Malala Fund, Trans Lifeline to raise more for their cause.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll develop and iterate on products that drastically improve the online giving experience for donors and nonprofit alike. You'll be a core member of our engineering team, helping to evolve our product suite, collaborating on architectural decisions, assisting other engineers, and moving us forward on our journey towards a more philanthropic world.
What We Value in a Senior Engineer:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or significant practical expertise in both client-side and server-side programming
- 5+ years experience in building and deploying web-based products
- Significant experience in software architecture and patterns/abstractions for efficient and sustainable code delivery
- Experience and interest in scaling systems for growth (we're in a growth stage)
- Experience with and a proponent of agile methodologies and pair programming
- Experience working with Product Managers to deliver products in a truly agile environment
- A passion towards a philanthropic mission
- A conviction and commitment to improve your own skills and the skills of the team
- A passion for building the best products for users
What We Use To Do Our Work:
- Ruby on Rails powers our services
- ReactJS powers our frontend user experiences
- Bootstrap 4 powers those experiences so they look and work great across devices
- CloudFront, Heroku, Postgres, Git, and MacBook Pro's to help us get product delivered to the public in a timely and efficient manner
What Will You Get:
- Competitive salary: This role is budgeted between $125,000 - $135,000 per year plus benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision benefits-- you don’t pay a monthly premium nor deductible, we cover it 100%
- 401k match program that grants a 75% match of all your contributions, vested 100% on Day 1.
- Bonus potential
- PTO/Paid Sick Days/Paid Holidays
- $1k/yr professional development stipend
- Work/life balance, focused on a sustainable workload
- An experience you’ll love and the knowledge you're doing better for yourself and the world
- The chance to make an impact with a highly motivated, talented, and fast-growing team
- What You Will Not Experience:
We are not a large corporation with a history of legacy and bureaucracy, nor a startup wondering whether it will exist beyond the next six months. We are a fully funded organization with competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, PTO, paid holidays, and more. We have a solid development process and a talented team. We do not seek profit, so you won't compromise your values to do work that means something.
Give Lively is an Equal Opportunity Employer.