The app that rewards all your commute & travel
Miles is looking to expand its data science and data engineering team in INDIA!
Here’s a quick checklist:
- You live in India
- Want to work for a fast-growing Silicon Valley Startup
- You are passionate about solving challenging problems
- You are looking to put your stamp on the product
What you’ll need:
● At least 4+ years experience
● Confident in designing, building, managing, and owning a growing and complex data pipeline. Your experience should reflect success with something similar.
● Strong understanding of relational DB such as MySQL/PostgreSQL, document-based storage systems such as MongoDB or CouchDB, key-value stores (Memcached, Redis), Column-oriented stores (HBase, Cassandra), graph-oriented stores; their distinct advantages, disadvantages, and trade-offs
● Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kinesis, Kafka, Storm or Spark-Streaming.
● Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
● Proficiency with Snowflake, Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
● Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
● Good understanding of Lambda Architecture
● Develop and implement interactive analytic reports and dashboard using various tools such as Tableau, Looker, Chart.io
● You should have worked on developing large-scale deployable software projects
● Work closely with business and data science team for the deliverables.
● Enjoy equity and influence in a fast-growing and dynamic pre-Series A company
● Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s (required) in CS/ML/AI or relevant computational/engineering discipline
Miles at a glance
Miles focuses on Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, and Mobility. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Miles has raised $6.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.