The app that rewards all your commute & travel
About the Role:
• Make architecture and technology choices for the Miles backend, design, build and implement.
• Be comfortable working in a product development environment, building version 1.0 from scratch.
• Passionate about delivering high-quality user experience.
• Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
• Capable of making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
• Commitment to building products that dazzle and have fun doing it.
• Experience in a startup environment / agile development environment a plus.
• At least 4+ years of backend systems and services development experience; Hands-on experience is a must.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design.
• Proficiency in at least one of the following - Java, Python, Ruby.
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience using modern databases.
• Solid understanding of backend technologies, development frameworks, server-side architecture, containerization
• Fluent in JSON and building REST APIs
• Strong background and experience in using git, version control, performing code reviews and comfortable working in an agile environment.
• Experienced in CI / CD.
• Strong experience with Unit Testing and automated testing frameworks.
• Holds a B.S., M.S., in Computer Science
• Worked on a successful product that has touched millions of consumers
• Previous startup experience is a plus
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Willing to hustle
• Enjoy equity and influence in a fast-growing and dynamic pre-Series A company
Miles at a glance
Miles focuses on Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, and Mobility. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Miles has raised $6.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.