The app that rewards all your commute & travel
Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps)
- Work closely with Backend Engineering, Data Engineering and Data Science / Machine Learning teams as we scale up the system.
- Support of production infrastructure on AWS Infrastructure such as EC2, S3, IAM, Elasticache, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, Kinesis, SQS etc.
- Continuously develop and improve our CI/CD pipeline that enforces proper versioning and branching practices.
- Continuous delivery (CI/CD) using Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Docker, Chef/Ansible, puppet
- Build Docker images and scans them for vulnerabilities, and 1-button deploys microservices into dev/test/prod environments.
- Site reliability and availability, including end-to-end performance, service monitoring, alerting, capacity sizing and planning.
- Production and dev supports for the various services and applications in Rails / Python / Java etc
- Build expertise and leverage state-of-the-art DevOps tools and managed services from cloud vendors to monitor and ensure performance, reliability, and security to meet our target SLA.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Collaborate with engineering / business teams to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing resources.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- 24/7 on-call production support (rotational), troubleshooting production and development issues. After-hour emergencies are rare at Miles, but you will help us make them even rarer.
- At least 4+ years experience as a DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer or equivalent software-engineering field
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and scripting (shell scripts, perl, python, ruby etc)
- At least 3 years in managing AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in Docker. Kubernetes would be an added advantage.
- You are an expert in CI / CD and other devops tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc).
- Experience monitoring/APM tools such as New Relic, CloudWatch and Rollbar.
- You have experience in network, server, dns and application-status monitoring.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- You have a working knowledge of databases (sql, nosql), database scalability and availability, preferably with PostgreSQL, Redshift, Redis etc.
- Experience in data protection and security especially protecting PII data.
- Experience in Logging (e.g. splunk, cloudwatch) and Elastic Search (ELK).
- Capable of making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
- Holds a B.S., M.S., in Computer Science
- Experience in a startup environment / agile development environment a plus.
- Enjoy equity and influence in a fast-growing and dynamic pre-Series A company
Miles at a glance
Miles focuses on Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, and Mobility. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Miles has raised $6.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.