The app that rewards all your commute & travel
Lead iOS Developer$100k – $160k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Miles is a universal rewards app empowering anyone to earn miles automatically for all forms of travel and commute. You can then redeem your miles from retailers such as Vudu, HelloFresh, Cole Haan, NatureBox, Canon, Silvercar, Atom Tickets, Getaround and many more.
Similar to a frequent flyer program, but for all forms of transportation, Miles delivers value for every mile traveled, across every mode of travel, anywhere in the world. Whether by car (as a driver, passenger or rideshare), plane, train, subway, bus, boat, bicycle, or on foot, the Miles app effortlessly awards users’ travel - regardless of where their journey takes them. Miles can be saved or redeemed at any time - with the value increasing every month as more merchants accept them as a form of payment.
Miles is a Silicon Valley-based startup with backing from prominent VCs (Porsche, Scrum, Panasonic, and Urban.us). We have just started our journey of converting your miles into smiles. Join the Miles family and be part of this revolutionary program!
Buzz About Miles:
“Finally there's a way to get recognized for all the travel you do — even if it's just a walk around the corner. It adds up.”
“Miles gives you reward miles for almost everything”
If you have the skills, curiosity, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit, we want to talk to you!
About the Role:
• Make architecture and technology choices for mobile products.
• Comfortable working in a product development environment, building version 1.0 from scratch.
• Passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience.
• Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
• Capable of making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
• Commitment to building products that dazzle and have fun doing it.
• Experience in a startup environment / agile development environment a plus.
• At least 4+ year of iOS development experience; Hands-on experience is a must.
• Solid understanding of iOS technologies and development.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design.
• Understanding of server side and client side architecture.
• In-depth knowledge of Objective C and Swift.
• Experience with Core Data, SQLite, MapKit, Quartz Core, Core Animation, Store Kit and Cocoa Touch Libraries.
• Familiarity with XML, JSON, and REST-based APIs (Parsing).
• Experience in Social API integration, Core location APIs, Web Views, APNS, In-App Purchase.
• Experience in implementing Custom UI.
• Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
• Knowledge of deploying and uploading projects in App Store in both the Enterprise Program and Developer Program.
• Automated testing framework.
• Holds a B.S., M.S., in Computer Science
• Worked on a successful product that has touched millions of consumers
• Previous startup experience is a plus
• Willing to hustle
• Enjoy equity and influence in a fast-growing and dynamic pre-Series A company
Miles at a glance
Miles focuses on Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, and Mobility. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Miles has raised $6.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.