Redesigning Professional Development & Coaching — All at scale
Sales Associate (SDR)$25k – $75k • 0.0% – 0.5%
*Remote (United States)
*Become a very early member of the Marlow team!
We’re looking for a fast-moving, self-starting, Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join us as we expand Marlow’s user base in 2020. Our ideal candidate loves sales and is passionate about putting a great product and service into the hands of people who can benefit from it most.
You’re a lifelong learner with a growth mindset. You can creatively learn how to get the job with just the right amount of resources, and you’re constantly looking for new opportunities to better serve our clients.
What you would be doing…
- Working with the Marlow team to identify the best target clients for outreach, developing relevant sales collateral and messaging, and running initial outreach
- Developing successful sales channels using email, LinkedIn and cold calls or voicemail and sourcing contact information
- Educating target clients in outreach messaging on the high-impact and proven results of personalized development
- Helping potential customers understand the Marlow experience and how it connects with their goals for empowering and developing team members
- Discussing feedback from the introductory sales calls and demos to iterate on the best lead targets to close deals
- Booking 15 introductory calls with qualified leads and a Marlow sales team member per month that convert to at least 1-2 deals closed per month
- Asking the right questions and finding the answers we need to enhance our sales process
- Other work as necessary. We’re a startup and everyone lends a hand wherever necessary to get us to where we need to go
Experience & Skills:
- Critical thinker who is able to consider creative approaches to message and get in touch with cold leads
- Strong communicator ang great listener to communicate Marlow’s value proposition in a clear and concise way
- Intuitive, self-aware and capable of asking the right questions at the right time to gain a better understanding of the best prospective client and their needs
- Grit. Proven track record of finding an effective and efficient path forward.
- Genuine alignment with Marlow’s mission and a passion for serving clients’ needs.
- Bonus Points: An understanding of best practices for client prospecting and acquisition in a B2B SaaS environment selling into business unit leaders, HR or L&D
A bit about our team:
We live our mission: The days are definitely not short and the work is not easy — but we love our jobs. We believe that everyone benefits when individuals have access to the necessary resources to be successful in their careers.
Distributed, Hardworking Team: When we do our job right, our members achieve their short-term and long-term career goals with more confidence and less stress. This is a hugely rewarding job! But it also takes time. The Marlow team is dedicated and committed to delivering on our promise of offering world-renowned professional development resources and personalized coaching. We put in the necessary hours when we have to, and make sure to take time for ourselves whenever we can. We’re currently a distributed team (San Francisco and New York) but interact with each other several times per day via Zoom.
Opportunities: We are a venture-backed startup with a big mission. Over the next few years, we will be growing very quickly. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get their foot in the door. When in doubt, apply!
Mission: Our mission is to help every professional (yep, in the world!) acquire the resources and guidance they need to achieve direction, success, and happiness in their careers. We’re starting with virtual 1-on-1 coaching and expanding to even more accessible resources.
Funding: We’re an early-stage company with funding from Jason Calacanis (LAUNCH) and his syndicate of angel inventors, as well as Arjun Sethi (Tribe Capital).
Business Model: We partner with mid-market to enterprise companies to offer high impact learning and development opportunities to build more engaged and productive teams, taking a slice of the $70bn Learning and Development market.
About Marlow: Marlow is the first professional development platform to multiply the efficiency and effectiveness of coaching by more than 10X while ensuring a constant and high-quality experience for every single member. We’ve combined expert coaches with custom technology to ensure every professional has access to the resources that will help them reach their goals more quickly.
Marlow at a glance
Marlow focuses on Personal Finance, Professional Networking, Career Management, and Career Planning. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.