Lokal delivers local news and classifieds to 900M non-English speaking users in India
Product Manager₹10L – ₹12L
Lokal is one of India's fastest-growing startups, we are building an application that millions of people use every day to discover and read news in their vernacular language. We’re a lean team that believes in giving opportunities to every single person we hire. Above all, your work will impact the way the next billion vernacular readers experience news
What you'll do?
We are looking for a highly motivated, data-driven Product Manager with high affinity for user research to join our team and build our classifieds product. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for building systems and products that match our user needs and the company vision.
- Understand users needs and behaviours and conduct market research
- Design experiments and iterate on various features suitable for the users
- Build a hypothesis, collect and analyze data, and derive insights
- Develop detailed product requirements documents and user stories.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, QA, Design and Analytics teams across sprints to determine the best implementation and reasonable launch timelines to deliver great customer experiences.
- Report to CEO & CTO regularly
- Being Data-driven/ and following a quantitative approach
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in various teams, initiate and lead conversations and problem-solving, and build consensus on solutions
- Ability to prioritize problems and solutions
- Ability to execute and ship products and experiments regularly, and bias for action
- Understanding of A-B testing, and the ability to run experiments regularly
- Long-term thinking and ability to articulate your vision to stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to own a charter, and to lead, inspire and mentor a high-potential team towards impact
- High leverage to hustle through challenges and achieve targets.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the product development process especially for mobile-first product.
- Have great verbal and written communication skills to keep all the stakeholders updated the about goals, requirements, cross-team updates and the vision.
Would be great if you have the following-
2 years experience in Classifieds products (or a marketplace product)
Experience of building a content platform or for Tier 2,3 or 4 users
Worked on projects which directly impact monetisation
Have built a product from ground up
Lead of a team of designs, analysts and APMs.
Preferred if work experience in other classified companies like Matrimony websites/OLX/Quikr etc.