Flex helps people pay bills on a schedule that works for them
Data Scientist$100k – $150k
What is Flex:
Flex helps reduce the financial burden of Americans when it comes to their largest expense - rent. Flex offer renters a line of credit to enable them to pay with flexibility throughout the month instead of all at once before the month starts.
What you’ll do:
Data science is an important pillar for solving problems critical to Flex’s business model - fraud detection and creditworthiness assessment in real time. Our product is one-of-a-kind and thus require a unique framework and some custom data science solutions.
- Build and improve credit risk models using data from variable sources
- Understand and design process to leverage data from third party technology vendors (eg. credit bureaus, aggregators)
- Work closely with the risk team to design policy experiments, measure and evaluate results
- Work with product manager and engineers to incorporate fraud and credit models in real-time onboarding process
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses which would influence which policies we adopt and what products we create
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years of production data science experience
- Preferably (but not required) a graduate degree in statistics, CS or similar fields
- Strong programming skills in a scientific computing language such as Python. Experience using frameworks for data science like pandas, scikit-learn
- Experience writing production level code for data pipelines and real time applications, and contributing to a large code repository
75% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
Parental leave + ivf and adoption support
Company stock options
Generous paid time off
Flex at a glance
Flex focuses on Payments, Credit, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Flex has raised $5.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.