Flex helps people pay bills on a schedule that works for them
Engineering Lead$160k – $180k
What is Flex:
Flex is a NYC-based startup that enables people to pay bills on their own schedule, starting with everyone’s biggest expense: rent. Flex enables renters to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances, instead of all on the 1st.
What is the role:
As an engineering lead at a high-growth early stage startup like Flex, your role will be a combination of that of a principal engineer and an engineering manager. On one hand, you'll be architecting and building new systems to improve our key services such as our bill payment engine and credit decisioning platform. On the other hand, you'll be constantly working to improve the performance of our talented New York based engineering team, while maintaining their focus on executing our technical roadmap.
In additon, you’ll work closely with other teams like Product and Data Science and will instrumental in influencing our product vision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Engineer solutions across systems such as money-movement infrastructure, fraud management systems, and data pipelines
- Assembling, and enabling an incredible team of engineers who have high expectations around ownership, efficiency and impact
- Mentoring and nurturing your team of engineers; supporting their goal setting, achievement and career advancement
- Working closely with our CTO and product team to establish priorities and manage our technical roadmap
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- 8+ years of software development experience and 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, leading lean but highly effective teams
- 3+ years experience leading the development of highly scalable systems with strong expertise in event-based systems and serverless architectures
- Ability to hold the team to high standards for security and data privacy practices
- A background working at startups, especially in areas involving money-movement is a bonus
75% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
Parental leave + ivf and adoption support
Company stock options
Generous paid time off
Flex at a glance
Flex focuses on Payments, Credit, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Flex has raised $5.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.