Redefining personal safety
Mobile App Lead iOS/Android$100k – $180k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Flare is looking for a to join our 5-person seed stage technology startup in Boston. Founded by survivors of assault, Flare is on a mission to redefine how people think about personal safety. The hybrid software/hardware product is a smart bracelet with discreet personal safety features that are customized on our mobile platform to help people navigate uncomfortable and iffy situations. We are backed by top-tier venture capitalists who are passionate about the product we’re launching this year and even more excited about our long-term vision for the company and for personal safety.
We’re looking for a hands-on engineering leader who is a player/coach. You will lead the mobile app development for Flare’s first-generation product and over time build a nimble, collaborative team to deliver best-in-class experiences. This role will be focus on hands-on mobile development and iterative development initially (alongside Touchlab, our development partner). It will transition into a software leadership role focused on team building and technical leadership as the business grows. You will be responsible for executing on the business vision in a rapidly evolving business environment, which will require creativity, organization, efficiency, a solid knowledge of mobile develop and rapid iteration. Are you a hands-on, passionate builder who brings a “can do” attitude to the team along with proven expertise in consumer mobile development? Do you have an infectious enthusiasm to create? Get in at the beginning. Create something that you can have ownership over and see from start through finish. Have a real impact.
- Taking mobile applications from concept to operational product by creating, modifying, and maintaining high quality features for iOS devices initially and eventually Android devices
- Being an active contributor to the product development team. Working closely with the founders, hardware engineers, and UX/UI designers to create a world class mobile experience
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identifying and correct bugs and bottlenecks through unit tests and code reviews
- Maintaining code quality and organization, developing reusable code for future use
- 4+ years of professional iOS and/or Android development experience
- Working experience writing code that is both testable and scalable
- Published & deployed apps in the App Store and Google Play Store
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We’re looking for a passionate core team member who cares deeply about the issues facing marginalized communities. You are not satisfied with the status quo and you want to play an instrumental role in launching a category-defining product.
This is an incredible early stage leadership opportunity to help build something that will have a positive impact on the world with lots of exciting milestones ahead. This is a full-time role. Must have authorization to work in the US. We value health and wellness at Flare and offer competitive health coverage, retirement benefits, and commuter benefits. To apply, submit your resume.
Flare at a glance
Flare focuses on Mobile, Consumer Electronics, Health and Wellness, Public Safety, and Hardware + Software. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.