Kids 12 & Under are able to instantly access 35,000 books, learning videos, quizzes & more
Senior Android Engineer
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
The Senior Android Engineer will be a core member of our growing Android team and will contribute to new features. The role will have a large impact on a growing engineering team. The development team is open to new ideas, frameworks, and processes, and this is an environment for continuous engineering learning.
What you will be doing
- Shipping high quality consumer focused app features
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, and engineers to create a better experience for our users
- Maintaining and improving code quality and app performance
What you should have
- 3+ years building native Android applications with Java/Kotlin
- Strong understanding of MVP and MVVM architecture
- Prior experience in shipping apps to Play Store
- Ability to take a feature from wireframing to native implementation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and shifting priorities and be responsible for the execution of project tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in person and Slack
- Positive attitude, lifelong learner
Nice to haves
- Experience with popular 3rd party libraries, such as RxJava, Retrofit, Dependency Injection Frameworks, Room, Grpc
- Familiarity with JUnit and Espresso
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Medical, dental, vision and paramedical coverage provided by Great West Life Insurance
- 3 weeks of vacation and 10 holidays
- Unlimited access to our product!
Comprehensive health plans
Generous family leave
Free snacks and weekly lunch
Commuting made easy
Fun offsite events
Epic! Kids at a glance
Epic! Kids focuses on Digital Media, Education, Entertainment, Publishing, and Kids. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Epic! Kids has raised $51.45M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.