We're on a mission to help the world make time for what matters
Business Operations Associate
Clockwise is currently working & interviewing candidates remotely. We are actively hiring for this position and will review your application.
Who we are
Clockwise is an intelligent calendar assistant that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We use an agentive technology approach to AI to understand your work / life commitments and automatically organize your calendar to help you focus on your priorities. Clockwise creates uninterrupted blocks of time within the boundaries of your work week to get core work done by actively managing complex intra & inter-team scheduling, double bookings, meeting room management, and so much more. Calendars are broken and aren't helping people do their best work. At Clockwise, we make your calendar work for you.
We're proud to have the backing of premier investors such as Bain, Accel, and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Dropbox, Palantir, Lyft, Atlassian and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
We’re looking for our first Business Operations Associate to bring data insight and operational expertise to the Clockwise team. Whether it’s developing a real estate expansion strategy for our growing team, creating a new financial forecast model, or preparing for the next board meeting, you will have a front-row seat as we go through the major milestones of building a business. You will provide the strategic insight and analysis needed to solve critical business problems across the organization.
What you’ll do
- You will partner with leadership on business strategy by defining & measuring key success metrics
- You will surface critical business insights and opportunities to the team, and partner with internal teammates to create action plans to address them.
- You will build and own financial forecast models
- You will drive a wide variety of high-impact company initiatives, from pricing analysis to real estate strategy
- You have a proven track record as a top performer at a leading investment bank, private equity, management consulting firm, or related experience
- You thrive working on high leverage projects with ambiguity and are comfortable taking on “first-time” assignments with no playbook
- You’re an expert at taking data and turning it into a clearly communicated and visually compelling story
- You have strong data analysis and financial modeling skills, SQL knowledge preferred
- You have a scrappy, entrepreneurial mindset and you love to get things done. You don’t suffer from analysis paralysis
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter & wellness stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
In the Press
"Clockwise helps teams organize (meetings) in a “batched” fashion, so that they occur back to back, preserving as much uninterrupted time as possible on each employee’s individual calendar." The New Yorker - Cal Newport, “Can Remote Work Be Fixed?”
"Try Clockwise, a Google Calendar extension that optimizes your calendar to help you find uninterrupted, focused work time—not meeting time." The Wall Street Journal - Joanna Stern, “Living the Coronavirus Work-From-Home Life? Here Are All the Tech Tips You Need”
Forbes - H.V. MacArthur, “Effective Time Management While Working Remotely During The COVID-19 Pandemic”
TechCrunch - Lucas Matney - “Accel & Greylock-backed Clockwise launches an AI assistant for Google Calendar”
Product Hunt, Product of the Year 2019 runner-up - Ryan Hoover - “Announcing the 2019 Golden Kitty Award Winners”
What drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Health, dental & vision
Health, Dental, and Vision benefits are managed via Gusto.
Meaningful equity, standard vesting schedule & extended exercise window
Lunches with the team everyday Dinner on Tuesdays & Thursdays
Monthly gym membership, fitness class, meditation subscription, or anything that helps you maintain a healthy life, Clockwise will contribute $100 a month
Clockwise will contribute to your commute via pre-tax commuter card or Clipper Direct.
Hackathons, socials, off-sites, etc.
Mobile & mifi
If you use your phone for work and/or regularly need to tether to a device for data while commuting, Clockwise can help.
Clockwise at a glance
Clockwise focuses on Enterprise Software, Productivity Software, Communications Software, and Collaboration Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Clockwise has raised $29.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020.