A car for every drive. rent cars near you convenient hourly and daily rentals. insurance included
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless carsharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
Getaround is looking for a system savvy and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join the dynamic Accounting team. In this role, you will report to the Accounting manager and you will be a key player in assisting the Accounting team with month-end closing and account reconciliations, audits, transactional and operational projects, controls, and policies.
What you'll be doing
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager and play a key role in the monthly close process for specific assigned general ledger accounts and adjusting entries
- Manage cash reconciliations, accrued expenses and other various general ledger functions surrounding the month end close process including preparation of various journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and assist with the close reporting package
- Help lead accounting projects, including the design and implementation of internal controls, global close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting
- Work closely with FP&A and business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analysis
- Proactively assist with internal controls, policies, procedures, scalability process improvements including documentation of the control environment and recommend changes
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Manage or help with sales and property taxes filings
- Learning a lot in a dynamic environment!Ad-hoc projects
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant work experience
- 2-4 years of work experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit or related areas
- Public accounting experience and a strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to document the workpapers logically, clearly and concisely
- Ability to actively manage competing deliverables and solve complex issues independently
- Ability and willingness to independently analyze data sets with a goal of making best possible accounting estimates
- To be a strong team player and capable of working cross functionally with teams in a remote first workplace.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Big 4 experience
- Experience in the tech industryInternational accounting experience
- Understanding of equity accounting
Perks and Benefits
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision take excellent care of you and your family
- Generous Stock Options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote First Workplace, Flexible work hours, and flexible PTO (we mean it!)
- Work smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Your own LinkedIn Learning account
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!
Best-in-class medical and dependent care
In North America, we provide 100% paid premiums for basic medical, dental, and vision insurance (for individuals) and 50% of premium coverage for dependents.
Flexible spending account
A pre-tax benefit account that's used to pay for eligible medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not covered by your health care plan or elsewhere.
Our 401(k) is based on a low-fee, index fund approach. That means more of your money goes towards retirement instead of a money manager.
Paternal and maternal leave
Open vacation policy
We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time off you need! To ensure fairness across all teams, we mandate that everyone takes a minimum of 10 business days a year.
Getaround has a negotiated gym membership with Fitness SF. Remote employees can receive $25 off their gym memberships.
Commuter benefits allow you to allocate a fixed amount of pre-tax dollars for eligible work-related transit and parking expenses. Getaround’s monthly transit contribution is $75 towards parking or transit.
Education stipend: $600 per calendar year to be used for self-directed development opportunities.
Quarterly company parties
Getaround at a glance
Getaround focuses on Mobile, Automotive, Peer-to-Peer, Marketplaces, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Getaround has raised $742.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.