A car for every drive. rent cars near you convenient hourly and daily rentals. insurance included
Sr. Backend Engineer (Remote)
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless carsharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
As the world’s leading connected carsharing platform, we’re looking to bring on a Sr. Backend Engineer to help turn our current runway into profitability by building systems, features and technologies that support this first-of-it's-kind transportation company. Our goal is to be the first profitable carsharing company by early 2021, and we need your expertise to meet it!
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be tackling some of the most challenging technical problems in the transportation marketplace space, specifically around scalability, availability, latency, dynamic pricing, and supply/demand
- Build backend services and features as well as APIs that power our native client apps
- Work within a microservices architecture
- Squads & Guilds: Our team structure allows you to be part of a cross-functional team, or “Squad”, working in a variety of products/features in a domain, while also being part of the backend “Guild” of fellow engineers to own guild-specific services and share development best practices
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience building stable, high-performing services in Pythonic, well-crafted, Python 2.7 as well as experience with Python 3
- Experience developing with git-based source control, ideally in a team setting with pull requests
- GCP or AWS experience
- Experience building microservices
- Docker experience
Benefits and Perks
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision to take excellent care of you and your family
- Generous Stock Options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote First Workplace, flexible work hours, and flexible PTO (we mean it!)
- Work smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!
Best-in-class medical and dependent care
In North America, we provide 100% paid premiums for basic medical, dental, and vision insurance (for individuals) and 50% of premium coverage for dependents.
Flexible spending account
A pre-tax benefit account that's used to pay for eligible medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not covered by your health care plan or elsewhere.
Our 401(k) is based on a low-fee, index fund approach. That means more of your money goes towards retirement instead of a money manager.
Paternal and maternal leave
Open vacation policy
We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time off you need! To ensure fairness across all teams, we mandate that everyone takes a minimum of 10 business days a year.
Getaround has a negotiated gym membership with Fitness SF. Remote employees can receive $25 off their gym memberships.
Commuter benefits allow you to allocate a fixed amount of pre-tax dollars for eligible work-related transit and parking expenses. Getaround’s monthly transit contribution is $75 towards parking or transit.
Education stipend: $600 per calendar year to be used for self-directed development opportunities.
Quarterly company parties
Getaround at a glance
Getaround focuses on Mobile, Automotive, Peer-to-Peer, Marketplaces, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Getaround has raised $742.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.