Platform to find, purchase, and manage geospatial data
Backend Engineer (Junior/Mid)$70k – $110k • 0.0% – 0.5%
Geosite is a YC-backed startup that provides a SaaS platform enabling customers across a wide swathe of industries to leverage geospatial data for reconnaissance, planning and operations in real-time.
We are looking for a JUNIOR or MID-LEVEL BACKEND ENGINEER who will work with the Backend team and work with our front-end engineers, and data scientists to build new features for the Geosite web application. Our backend stack is partly written in Ruby and partly in Python, but the ideal candidate we're looking for is someone who has at least 2+ years of Python experience, familiarity with Ruby on Rails is a bonus.
This position comes with equity! If you are driven, high-energy, and passionate about application development - we want you on our team!
◢ Roles and Responsibilities:
● Assist in building and managing the web APIs.
● Support engineering and data science teams in building new application features.
◢ Basic Qualifications:
● 2+ years experience building web applications and working with RESTful APIs in Python.
● 1+ years of experience working with an opinionated framework such as Django or Rails.
● Experience with Python ORMs, such as SqlAlchemy or Django ORM.
● Experience writing and optimizing raw SQL queries in PostGreSQL, PostGIS, or Mysql.
● Experience with Git, understands Git-flow.
● Experience with Docker and containerization.
● Comfortable with multiple programming languages.
● Has worked in Agile teams of 2-3 engineers and has used JIRA.
◢ Bonus Qualifications:
● Building Geospatial software using PostGIS, OpenStreetMap, or Mapbox.
● Has worked with FastAPI, Pydantic or Flask.
● Has worked with GraphQL or Tinkerpop.
● Full-stack work, but primarily backend app devlopment focussed.
● Early-stage startup experience and can operate in a fast paced environment.
● Health, vision and dental insurance
● Flexible work hours and paid time off
Geosite at a glance
Geosite focuses on Defense, Oil and Gas, Geospatial, Federal Government, and Space Satellites. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://geosite.io