Enable developers to focus only on building great products, and not their infrastructure
Full Stack Engineer (back-end)
As an engineer on the development team, you will design, develop, and test software that ensures privacy, security, and utility of Genity services and products. You will engage with other Genity team members to focus on the mission and code highly reliable software that turns the mission into a reality. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, from development, to testing, to operation during a mission.
We look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission. Additionally, a true passion for the future we are creating is a key aspect we assess for.
- Develop highly reliable software systems
- Design highly scalable and testable code
- Design and implement fault detection and mitigation in software
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and mission integration
- Provide strong technical leadership and focus on continuous improvement
- Act as a mentor to junior developers through code reviews and design document critiques
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 2+ years of experience in software development. Or 4+ years of experience in software development in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4+ years demonstrable experience with Golang, API, and a variety of other languages.
- 2-4+ years in Back-end engineering
EXAMPLE OF TYPE OF WORK
* Double Ratchet Implementation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong software design and development skills
- Demonstrative experience with cryptography and encryption
- Experience designing fault-tolerant software
- Thorough knowledge of computer architecture and networks
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and testing
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
HOW TO APPLY
- tell us what is special about you
- why you want to work with us
- break down an accomplishment that demonstrates your superpower/special skills.
- Submit Application and Cover Letter
- Zoom/Skype/Google Hangout call
- Test with one of our engineers over Zoom/Skype/etc...
- Meet with members of the team
- Hire if the right fit has been found
Genity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Genity is governed on the basis of merit and competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Genity - The Sky Platform at a glance
Genity - The Sky Platform focuses on Cloud Computing, Marketplaces, Databases, Cloud Management, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Europe, Florida, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.