Online Casino Games, Video Slots, Mobile Games
Software Engineer (Game Engineer)
We offer a dynamic work environment and an opportunity to work in a fast-paced company working with leading edge technologies with offices in Vancouver, Las Vegas, Taipei, Manila & Hong Kong.
As Game engineer
Your Responsibilities are:
- Integrate mathematical models and game design assets created by mathematicians and creative teams.
- Implement and deliver interactive, animated multimedia games.
- Collaborate in the project lifecycle and implement code for both front-end game logic and interfacing with backend servers.
- Conduct unit and integration testing throughout the development process.
- Perform issues' investigation and fixing for launched/developing products.
- Provide assessment of assigned tasks and report progress to Project Manager.
- Identify potential technical risks and escalate to Technical Lead and Project Manager.
Your Requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-year of professional game development experience.
- Solid working knowledge of object-oriented programming and design methodology.
- Possess strong knowledge of data structures, logic, and algorithms.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong team player's communication and collaboration skill.
- Self-motivated, diligent, with good habits for tracking owned tasks, seeking out answers as needed, and proactively participating in the entire production effort.
- Experience in Internet-based communication protocols.
- Experience in prototyping, UI design, writing, and other game design elements is a plus.
- Experience in other scripting languages is a plus.
- Exposure to other object-oriented programming languages (C++, C# and/or Java) is a plus.
- Experience in Agile Scrum is a plus.
- Exposure to CSS is a plus.
- Exposure to REACT is a plus.
Join the Crew
Work is a quest at Genesis and YOU ARE THE HERO!
EXPLORE- Be the pioneer of your careers journey. Its our #1 priority to ensure that everyone is enabled to unlock new frontiers in their growth.
CREATE- Be a creator of things that matter to others. Theres a will to create in all of us & at Genesis we thrive on enabling everyone to participate in the creation process of what matters most.
LEAD- Become a leader in your domain. We understand the importance of ground-up leadership & so we encourage everyone to become trainers & leaders of their areas of specialty or interest.
We take pride in harnessing resources via strategically stationed studios around the world, unlocking expertise and skills unique to each region:
The Hub - Taipei
At the heart of the industrys hottest market, our Taipei office is always working fast to make exciting things happen.
Fun House - Vegas
Gaming is more than just a job in Las Vegas, its a lifestyle and our office there is the soul of why Genesis does what it does.
GenLabs - Vancouver
Fresh ideas are incubated and brought to market first at our R&D hub, GenLabs, in Vancouver.
Code Squad - Manila
Exceptional coding meets critical design at the Manila office to ensure Genesis stays on the technological forefront
Genesis Gaming champions experience, creativity, and technology to deliver exceptional games at world-class standard. With 9+ years of slot game development experience, Genesis Gaming utilizes tried and true land-based casino standards while embracing innovation and new technology to stay ahead of the curve.
Our vision is to be known in the gaming world for being the entertainment brand that offers the most CHOICES AND INCENTIVES
Genesis Gaming at a glance
Genesis Gaming focuses on Games, Social Games, Video Games, Mobile Games, and Online Gaming. Their company has offices in Vancouver, British Columbia, and Burnaby. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.genesis-games.com/