Get ahead with expert-led training in coding, data, design, digital marketing, and more
Director, Mid-Market and Outbound Sales
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is looking for an experienced hands-on Sales Director to lead the strategy of our Middle Market Account and Business Development functions that are focused on our Enterprise clients to support our overall revenue achievement.
As the Leader of the BDR Team, you will be instrumental in the leading the "tip of the spear" in our sales process via our Business Development Representative (BDR) team who are the first interaction with prospective GA customersYou will also define the strategy and drive our Middle Market Accounts Executives (AEs) to expand their impact by targeting outbound Sales in our Middle Market segment.
As the leader of both the BDRs and AEs, you are responsible for ensuring each team member has the tools they need to hit their targets, and will actively guide and coach the team to success.
We are looking for someone in the greater New York area
Middle Market Team - 50% of your time:
- Train and coach your transactional Middle Market sales representatives to understand how to map our product offerings with customer needs
- Manages outbound acquisition strategy to meet monthly scheduling goals with target buyers
- Help implement new sales approaches and techniques
- Partner with marketing to design outbound campaigns
- Provide sales feedback for sales calls by call shadowing of sales representatives
Teach your team to use an insight lead sales approach to teach C-Level executives across marketing, technology, data and human resources how General Assembly can help them solve their talent skills gap
Model “what good looks like” to the team through effective joining sales calls, helping them to use various methods of communication to suit customer needs including but not limited to: introduction (cold calls), follow-ups, and demonstration calls, introduction emails, follow-up emails, pre-and post-demonstration reminder.
Plan and organize sales strategies for the team in conjunction with the VP - Enterprise Sales, including daily/weekly/monthly schedule to both exceed sales targets and mitigate customer churn
Maintain Product and industry expertise, including software and application updates, releases, new partner offerings, market conditions, and industry trends.
Effectively manage your team’s pipeline and opportunities in Salesforce to meet and/or exceed quota and account progress
Participates in trade shows and conventions as required.
All other duties as assigned
BDR Team - 50% of your time
- Build/maintain process development for BDR team
- Interview, hire & onboard new BDRs while providing ongoing sales coaching, training and development in collaboration with Sales Enablement
- Create success metrics along with Sales Management that drives value throughout the sales funnel
- Assess weekly call/email activity and create reports on team/Individual results to share with leadership
- Lead weekly team meetings & call coaching sessions, prioritizing objectives for your team
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales leaders to ensure lead quality, quantity, and proper follow-up
- Provide actionable feedback and solutions to management to improve systems, processes and tools within the sales organization
- Listen to phone calls via sales engagement tool in order to provide feedback via 1:1 coaching- running joint calls with BDRs when appropriate
- Collaborate with marketing team to plan and execute marketing campaigns
- Sync with team weekly to keep them abreast of organizational initiatives
- Execute regular team training sessions
You're a great fit if you
- Have 5+ years of hands-on experience leading a sales team in middle market enterprises and also a BDR team
- Have a proven track record of implementing successful sales methodologies in small to medium businesses.
- Are highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.
- Wellorganized,with fine attention to detail
- Have a proven track record of recruiting and developing highly effective sales professionals.
- Love data and make data-informed decisions whenever possible.
- Possess unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
You should apply if you…
- Enjoy the challenge and opportunity of scaling a sales team.
- Practice excellent leadership and enjoy hiring and developing talented people.
- Thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
- Seek opportunities to improve and grow, always learning to do things better.
Receive paid days off as a new father or mother.
Generous paid time off
Paid time off when requested.
General Assembly at a glance
General Assembly focuses on Education, Web Design, Product Design, Design, and Web Development. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and Chicago. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, General Assembly has raised $144.45M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.