Autonomous Vehicles for B2B Short-Haul Logistics
Senior Research Engineer, Planning and Decision Making
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates that would like to be involved in all aspects of growing a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Understand and analyze state of the art approaches and contribute to algorithm development in the areas of path/motion planning and decision making
- Design and implement key components of planning stack responsible for defining the vehicle driving behavior
- Contribute to the behavior prediction of traffic participants perceived around the autonomous vehicle
- Develop efficient Deep Learning architectures that run in real-time or other resource constrained setting
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in CS or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience with software development for robotic systems
- Experience with emerging deep learning based motion planning approaches (LSTMs, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Deep Q-learning, etc)
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging/diagnostics skills with experience working in a large rapidly evolving C++ production code base
- Knowledge of object tracking, traffic, and behavioral modeling, machine learning and/or trajectory generation
- Extensive experience designing and building modern planning systems
- Experience in applying ML for control or planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Experience working independently in a large software setting
- Prior experience in probabilistic filtering (Kalman filter, Particle filter), sensor fusion or SLAM
- Solid technical foundation in CPU and GPU architectures, containers and numeric libraries
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Medical, dental, and vision
Competitive salaries and generous equity
Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact. Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
Gatik at a glance
Gatik focuses on Automotive, Robotics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Bentonville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Gatik has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.