Autonomous Vehicles for B2B Short-Haul Logistics
Full Stack Software Engineer
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates that would like to be involved in all aspects of growing a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Work on wide range of applications, from devops tools for our vehicles, to admin and visualization tools for our operations team, to data management and analysis tools to wrangle the large amounts of data we're collecting
- Build 3D visualization applications on the frontier of web technologies, to demonstrate the vehicle's view of the state of the world and the output of our self-driving algorithms
- Architect, build and lead the end-to-end experience for user web applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Strong C++ and/or Python skills
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience with React / Redux
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience and comfort working with web frameworks such as Rails/Django
Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Experience developing scalable APIs, frameworks and web apps used by many other people
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression and latency reduction
- Shown ability to build, launch, and iterate on apps quickly
- Experience (and lots of opinions about) constructing front-end applications from scratch
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Medical, dental, and vision
Competitive salaries and generous equity
Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact. Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
Gatik at a glance
Gatik focuses on Automotive, Robotics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Bentonville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Gatik has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.