Autonomous Vehicles for B2B Short-Haul Logistics
Software Engineer, Controls
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates that would like to be involved in all aspects of growing a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Develop scalable frameworks to support many types of vehicles and configurations
- Implement distributed software to process vehicle data and perform validation testing
- Improve onboard software stack stability, health monitoring, and error reporting
- Design efficient components and optimize existing software for limited compute platforms
- Optimize the trajectory planning to achieve a comfortable and smooth ride
- Bachelors or a higher degree in CS or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience using C++ and Python in production
- Familiarity with state estimation techniques, trajectory planning algorithms, and drive-by-wire systems
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in one or more of: Operating - Systems, Databases, Concurrency, Linux Kernel, Compilers, Distributed Systems, etc
- Experience in characterizing vehicle dynamics and behavior models
- Knowledge of robotics and frameworks such as ROS or LCM
- Linux kernel development experience
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art 3D control simulation frameworks
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience with SocketCAN
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Medical, dental, and vision
Competitive salaries and generous equity
Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact. Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
Gatik at a glance
Gatik focuses on Automotive, Robotics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Bentonville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Gatik has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.