Principal Software Engineer - Autonomous Vehicles$120k – $200k • 0.2% – 2.0%
We aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleet for urban logistics. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast moving execution-oriented team. If you’re a software engineer or a researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
* Oversee and guide the design and development of high level software that includes perception, motion planning and localization modules
* Design and maintain system tools for product development and product verification
* Build scalable frameworks to run massive amounts of simulations in a cluster environment
* Master’s or PhD degree in CS or related field
* Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
* 3+ years experience in Autonomous Vehicle/Robotics or related industry
* Knowledge of state estimation techniques such as Luenberger observer, kalman filter, etc. (for a role focusing on vehicle state estimation, vehicle limit condition)
* Background in linear algebra and calculus (e.g. computer graphics, projections, matrix operations)
* Strong understanding of recent advancements in deep learning research
* Experience applying and tuning deep neural networks in large scale data-driven applications
* Experience working with robotics software, including ROS, OpenCV, PCL, OpenGL, etc.
* Experience building scalable frameworks to run massive amounts of simulations in a cluster environment
* Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, MySQL
* Familiarity with artificial intelligence (AI) applications as pertaining to motion planning, environmental simulation agent behavior, controls software
* Competitive salaries, generous equity and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
* Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
* Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
* Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
* Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
* Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Medical, dental, and vision
Competitive salaries and generous equity
Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact. Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
Gatik at a glance
Gatik focuses on Automotive, Robotics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Bentonville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Gatik has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.