Project Management for People Operations
Senior Software Engineer$90k – $105k • 2.0% – 3.0%
Gather is the first project management software for People Operations.
We're helping "people" people build scalable programs and amazing employee experiences. Gather prevents the little things from falling through the cracks during onboarding, offboarding, and everything in between.
We're a Y-Combinator-backed company looking to grow our founding team with folks who are passionate about making the workplace impactful, warm, and connected.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be working with us as we build out our vision of becoming the hub of People Ops.
About this role:
- You'll be the first engineering hire outside of the founders.
- You'll shape technical infrastructure, best practices, and roadmap from the earliest stages as a member of the founding team.
- You'll work alongside the CTO.
- You'll help build an engineering culture that's communal, inclusive, and supportive.
Who we're looking for:
- You care more about solving customers' problems and building a delightful experience than about using a particular technology to do it.
- You are excited about working on a small team or have worked with a small team before.
- You think communication is your strongest skill.
- You've shipped a product (not just code!) from initial conception to a production environment.
- You have experience with most or all of our stack: (Vue, Node.js + Express, PostgreSQL, AWS)
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have 4+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications.
- A desire for a leadership/management role and interest in setting the long term vision for our engineering organization as our team grows.
You should want this job because of the chance to work closely with the co-founding team on impactful technical challenges in return for an equity stake in an early stage, YC-backed startup.
Outside of that, you can expect:
- A remote-first culture with a workplace setup grant
- 21 days of required PTO annually
We will treat you well, with competitive salary and equity. You probably have a strong desire for ownership, so we can provide multiple options depending on your risk tolerance.
Meet your team
Gather at a glance
Gather focuses on Human Resources and Hr Tech. Their company has offices in Cleveland. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.teamgather.co