Integrated development platform for backend applications
Senior Platform Engineer€55k – €85k • 0.0% – 1.5%
Garden is an open-source developer tool that automates the repetitive parts of your workflow to make developing for Kubernetes and cloud faster and easier. We're tackling some of the hardest problems in our industry, and looking for some great people that want to join us on our quest to shape the future of software development! You can find our project on Github.
What you will do
We're working on a brand-new platform of hosted services for individual developers and teams to complement our open-source Garden CLI. As a platform engineer, you will focus on the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of these developer-focused services.
- You’ll work with our backend engineers in planning, designing, and building out the various components of the Garden Cloud platform
- You’ll take ownership over the infrastructure for the platform
- You’ll help and guide the team with design decisions and implementations of Garden CLI features (since these are built on top of cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker)
- You can expect to spend most of your time writing code to begin with, but to gradually shift focus to the infrastructure as it grows with the product
As the landscape changes quickly, we're tackling one problem at a time, iterating towards an end-to-end developer toolchain for distributed systems. Initially, we'll focus on things like secrets management and CI, but have our sights set on more advanced functionality in the future!
What we're looking for
We're looking for someone with extensive, demonstrable experience as a backend engineer or similar role. The landscape we operate in evolves quickly, and we, therefore, need people that are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. We pride ourselves on a culture of freedom and responsibility. This means we give each other the space to solve problems the way we see fit, but in turn expect a high level of autonomy and accountability from everyone in the team.
We currently develop mostly in TypeScript, but we will involve other languages over time, such as Go. Prior experience with Typescript is definitely beneficial, but not a requirement. You should have a thorough understanding of Kubernetes and have an overview of the general cloud-native ecosystem. This role is primarily about development but includes some operational/infrastructure aspects too.
- You like to work autonomously and you thrive in dynamic environments
- You can take ownership over cloud-native infrastructure projects
- You like mentoring and coaching fellow team members
- You want to take an active part in evolving the engineering culture of Garden
- You care about developer tooling and workflows
- You like writing code
We know the perfect candidate does not exist. What's most important is that you're passionate about the problem space we're in and have a desire to improve with us as we grow. If you'd like to know more about the role, don't hesitate to reach out to us!
Early joiners have the chance to get stock options at a very good price.
Bi-weekly team lunch
Twice a month the whole Garden team goes for lunch together, which is paid for by the company.
Subsidised sport membership
We subsidise a ClassPass or Urban Sports Club membership with 44 € a month.
Bring your dog to work
Our office is dog-friendly.
Regular company events
We encourage our team spirit with regular team events and dinners.