Powering Sales Management, CRM and Payments & E-commerce into messaging apps like Whatsapp
Backend Engineer - Node JS / TypeScript$20k – $45k
- Senior Software Engineer (Band 2 / Band 3) is a key technical position within GameChange.
- Through his / her critical thinking, problem solving and engineering capabilities, the Engineer will be responsible for design, development, research and scaling for GameChange Solutions- flagship products; the product(s) that the Engineer will work on will be in line with the priorities for development within GameChange.
- The Engineer will operate on a continuous delivery agile model with emphasis on deployment automation, improving code quality, monitoring and on-going ownership of components in production. The role requires proven experience in planning, specifying, developing and deploying high performance, robust and resilient products.
- The Engineer must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of Node JS, cloud computing, big data storage, enterprise product deployment and basics of machine learning / AI.
- The Engineer will also be expected to bring the best of new technologies where appropriate and will provide guidance on opportunities for enriching Products within GameChange's portfolio. This will be achieved through a mixture of hands-on technical work evaluating new technologies, developing solutions, supporting early-stage project deployments and acting as a true - owner / entrepreneur- on specified projects.
- The Engineer will also jointly own with other peers and tech leaders, the operational stability of the components he / she builds and be in a position to affect change to improve the on-going robustness, resiliency and stability of those components.
- The Engineer is expected to be capable of operating as a full stack developer over time working seamlessly between back end and occasionally on front end web systems.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Translate user requirements into the overall architecture, specification, design, and implementation or modification of new functionalities, features, components working with internal and/ or external providers
- Work on projects as agreed with the CTO or Head of Technology
- Undertake the development planning, development execution, continuous improvements and optimizations on products in line with the Company priorities.
- Contribute to the development of internal standards, policies and procedures
- Contribute to complex and broad reaching development projects involving multi-disciplinary working, and where appropriate take a lead role
- Design, schedule and deliver new and enhanced applications according to priorities agreed with the immediate manager
- Research, build, test, implement and maintain applications/services, troubleshooting applications and infrastructure problems to reach resolution as required
- Discuss and recommend technical developments to improve the quality of our products and supporting infrastructure
- Create and maintain technical documentation to a high standard
- Develop an understanding of existing Products and consider opportunities for future development for new features, optimzations, automations and efficient client support
- Keep abreast of new technology for future-proofing applications and infrastructure, sharing knowledge with colleagues as appropriate
MINDSET : Passion and hunger to learn and make a big impact; Clear and visible drive for getting things done
Relevant IT qualification e.g., B. Tech in Computer Science or relevant discipline with considerable and demonstrable software engineering experience gained in a similar role.
Experience : Minimum 4 years of experience
- Considerable, demonstrable experience working as a backend developer
- Experience of developing custom modules on large scale node JS based applications and products
- Experience of working with and developing against APIs and data frameworks
- Experience of developing scalable web services across multiple platforms and systems
- Experience of working with non-relational database engines, ideally MongoDB
- Experience of working in a development team (preferably in a start-up environment) to build and implement applications, following deployment and build processes using industry best practices
- Experience of integration technologies to connect or data across systems and frameworks
- In-depth knowledge and experience of developing and deploying enterprise grade large scale applications
- Excellent knowledge and experience on node.js
- Ability to think beyond single tasks and take a framework orientated approach
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to work to deadlines and manage own time
- Ability to use other JS based tools and languages e.g., Typescript is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and interpret requirements with technical and non- technical audiences
- Ability to respond flexibly to the development needs of the organisation
- Good technical documentation skills and ability to produce clear diagrams to document complex information systems and workflows
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to debug existing code
GameChange Solutions at a glance
GameChange Solutions focuses on Messaging, Gamification, Sales, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Dubai, Singapore, and Gurgaon. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, GameChange Solutions has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.