Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences
Director, Creators - Gaming & Variety
The Director, Creators - Gaming & Variety is responsible for leading the strategic direction for the Gaming business within the Creator division -- you will be the head of Gaming & Variety at Fullscreen.
You will have a track record of both successfully leading large, cross-functional teams to deliver results against ambitious goals and provide world-class partner management to top gaming talent.
You should be a fast-mover and a self-starter. You know how to innovate in a dynamic industry where getting there first matters. You are also a leader who builds systems and best practices, creates efficiencies, solves problems, and can work with a wide range of personality types across a large organization. You should be able to instill confidence & rigor into a team and greater organization and create a culture where people are inspired to do their best work and grow within Fullscreen. You are described by your teams as the ultimate ‘player/coach’ -- you know instinctively how to balance both roles.
You must have a proven track-record and a deep network in the gaming and/or e-sports industries. It goes without saying that you should have a real passion for gaming, digital entertainment, YouTube and the world of social media. You will have a background in media, particularly social video with a deep knowledge of platform optimization and best practices. Experience creating world-class content with top gaming talent is required. You should understand traditional talent and gamers’ unique qualities, communication styles, and priorities.
You are seen as a thought-leader in the gaming industry. By leveraging your strong relationships, you will find win-win opportunities with the industry’s leading figures and personalities. You will be a hard-working leader, a strong critical thinker, and you are motivated by a competitive hunger and passion for gaming.
- Build and execute bold growth plans for the Gaming vertical and team
- Lead the team that helps our talent partners re-imagine how best to grow and engage their community and drive their business objectives
- Develop a data-driven framework for how Fullscreen identifies, prioritizes, evaluates and pursues potential talent partners and retains existing partners
- Manage business development for Gaming to ensure that we build, manage, and progress a robust pipeline of new top-tier partnership opportunities
- Build frameworks to support new talent partners through the onboarding process and liaise with Fullscreen product and technical support if/as needed
- Hire, train, coach, grow and inspire the team and top performers, giving individuals opportunities to level up, and grow within Fullscreen and increase employee retention
- Work and collaborate with a diverse group of internal cross-functional teams, including Lifestyle, Growth & Optimization, Media Sales, Content, Data, Brand Partnerships, Product, Finance and Accounting
- Be an internal advocate for our talent partners -- proactively resolve business issues for them
- Seek out and secure new revenue streams, brand partnership and content collaboration opportunities for partners
- Build and manage deep relationships with a roster of talent and talent representatives in Gaming and key platform representatives at Google/YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, Mixer, Tik Tok, Snap, and others
- Lead Fullscreen teams at events, conventions, and festivals ensuring we have a tight, consistent message, clear KPIs and support to execute the mission
- Create the future of streamer video-on-demand content through creative deal structures, operational processes, and leveraging cross-functional resources
- Outline and oversee measurement, tracking, and results against team OKRs to guide the evolution of talent and portfolio content strategy
- 10+ years experience in the gaming industry focused on talent relations, social media services, or other areas of the industry directly relevant to this role
- 5+ years managing large, complex teams including Sr. Manager and Director level employees
- A proven track-record of strong team leadership balanced with delivering results
- Thorough understanding of top gaming talentImpeccable ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person
- Expertise and interest in the YouTube and social media space
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and go above and beyond
- Strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions-oriented.
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines.
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic and positive attitude.
- Enjoys working in a high performing environment.
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization
- Above all else, this role requires critical thinking, constant learning, a bias towards action, and a passion for the space.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on FridaysHealth, dental and vision benefits401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media at a glance
Fullscreen Media focuses on Digital Media, Video, and Digital Entertainment. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Fullscreen Media has raised $30M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2013.