Next Generation ERP for Retail and Distribution
Senior DevOps Engineer₹8,000 – ₹18,000
As a Fulfil DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of GCP based technologies, operating systems (Linux) and application environments.
In addition, you’ll take responsibility and ownership for ensuring the Fulfil App infrastructure is available 24 x 7 for our merchants enabling billions of dollars worth of transactions every day.
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us grow and improve automation, infrastructure reliability, and enable our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. Fulfil operates at a massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month and sending hundreds of millions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Python, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ and more. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Fulfil, you will set the technical vision and be the driving force for improving the infrastructure and tooling around a collection of these technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the uptime and reliability of Fulfil’s hosted platform
- Architect and automate services and systems to meet the demand of scale
- Perform routine upgrades on Production-critical databases (Postgres, Redis).
- Research and tune databases to operate at maximum efficiency
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to deploy and scale new and existing services
- Be a member of the Fulfil’s on-call DevOps rotation team, and be available to respond and resolve critical issues
- You will be directly responsible for our large scale postgres clusters that support all of our services. We are seeking a strong operations owner who understands that minor tweaks at this scale have a massive impact on the reliability and performance services as well as automating deployments and maintenance is a key ingredient of running data platforms at scale
- You’ll be directly involved in building and testing deployment pipelines, automated provisioning of infrastructure and maintaining uptime. You will be depended upon for advice by our engineering team on everything deployment and scale, as well as watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls.
- You’ll be a strong advocate within your team for writing clean code, designing and testing software systems and applying common infrastructure patterns. You believe in infrastructure as code.
- You’ll be ready and willing to get involved from day one, building cutting edge infrastructure, using the latest technology in provisioning and configuration management including support services like monitoring, logging and alerting.
- You’ll know how to work the cloud. You have a comprehensive and deep understanding of the architecture behind distributed, connected services and environments and the modern container driven 12 factor apps
We're Looking for Somone With:
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer/Systems Administrator/Site Reliability Engineer
- 2+ years of experience in build and release management, preferably for SaaS products.
- 2+ years of experience in scripting languages like python or bash.
- Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD tools (Travis CI, Circle CI).
- Must have practical experience of running and managing GCP services
- DB administration experience (Postgres).
- Good understanding of container services (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux utilities, configuration, and administration
- Strong familiarity with networking, HA / Load Balancing and Security (using Cloud KMS and such)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Strong experience in log management and performance monitoring using tools like NewRelic and DataDog
- The ability to dig into Linux internals during the troubleshooting process
- Experience seeing networks that make and break hosted solutions; and have direct experience with growing and maintaining distributed systems
- A story (or two) to tell of mission-critical mistakes, and can share why it would never happen again under your watch
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Experience working with ORMs like SQLAlchemy or Django
- Experience with ReactJS, Heroku, Flask
- Experienced in the tools of our web stack
Fulfil.IO at a glance
Fulfil.IO focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, and Enterprise Resource Planning. Their company has offices in Toronto and Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Fulfil.IO has raised $125K of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.