Full Service | Digital Agency
Multifaceted Developer [Full Stack]$20k – $50k
Fountain City, Inc. is a 20+-year-old creative-technical digital agency - We work as a distributed team across the USA with contractors all over North America and a splash of Central.
We are a friendly, down-to-earth bunch who are passionate about what we do and the quality we bring to our customers. We're a full-service agency that provides marketing, design, and technical solutions including React, JS Stack, Native Apps, Drupal, AWS, WordPress, Shopify, AI (Machine Learning systems), and more.
Our clients and project sizes are very diverse in several industries. This includes; health and wellness, ecology, goods and services, subscription services, education, non-profits, technology solution companies and more.
We are seeking a Multifaceted Developer to join our team.
This is a contract position that we would like to mature into a fixed retainer and/or remote employment. We are looking for someone who has 20 to 40 hours of availability weekly.
For this interview a webcam is essential. This position is available to anyone working in the Americas (North to South) so long as your written and verbal English skills are exceptional.
Our ideal candidate understands different technologies and can be flexible working in different environments with different coding languages. We are a small team, so we greatly value flexibility and your ability to learn and adapt.
Our strongest needs right now are in the following technologies:
WordPress (more backend and custom PHP coding - but some front end)
Woocommerce (how to do updates and ensure clients are not emailed or charged from test systems)
Drupal (regular security updates and support)
Shopify (both liquid and JS solution scripting)
NodeJS / React / React Native (Larger engagements with sprints of work that start with writing specs and detailed estimates)
So if you know at least 2 or 3 of the above, you will be in the running.
Knowledge of GIT is essential, as is a workflow and merging and reviewing code changes between developers.
Other skills of value:
Familiarity with Cpanel, WHM, DNS management, SSH, moving databases between servers and related migration skills is a great complementary skill.
Experience as TechLead, doing estimates, writing technical specs and leading teams would be highly valued.
General object-orientated programming skills in many languages like PHP, C#, C++, Java, JS, etc.
If you have what it takes to be a tech lead, there is also the opportunity to lead in the architecture of solutions, refactoring systems, improving internal processes and documenting specifications for projects.
- Work remotely via Slack with our project managers and other developers/designers on a wide variety of projects
- Handle tasks using a ticket-based system that lets you track your time and view priorities between tickets.
- Benefit from working from home and on your own hours.
- Get exposure to a wide array of project types, solutions, and challenges. Work with us is always evolving and ever-challenging.
- You should consider yourself a strong/senior developer in at least a few areas of the industry. This is not a junior position; you will be expected to lead or at least work independently on one or more projects at a time.
- You need to self manage yourself well, and this means you should be able to track your time daily and with a good degree of accuracy while also juggling tickets from different projects that you are engaged in parallel.
- You should be good at blocking your time out for particular tasks so that you can work efficiently on specific tasks/projects and minimize your own distractions.
- You need to be a quick learner, able to pick up new skills and technologies as needed and as new clients are acquired.
- Prior experience working as part of a remote team is essential.
- Able to communicate in a clear, documented, and direct manner.
- you should have experience estimating projects that are over 300 hours and breaking them down into discrete components.
- You need to be able to demonstrate good troubleshooting skills. (deduction, documenting steps taken)
- Even though we value independence, you should also be a good team player and able to ask for help when you need it; we are a family.
- We use Slack, Google drive/apps, and Redmine as our project tools, familiarity with these tools plus Jira and Bitbucket is beneficial.
Send email to email@example.com with a short summary of your experience & qualifications plus a resume and up to 3 links or screenshots to projects you have worked on.
Based on the responses we get, promising candidates will be requested to fill out a form that asks more specific questions.
Fountain City™ is an equal opportunity agency that believes in and promotes a positive work environment, equality, and fair compensation.