We advance the art and technology of visual experience
Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer specialising in Real-Time Rendering to join our existing team of rendering experts working on rendering technologies across the Foundry portfolio.
We're looking for a self-motivated developer with strong C++ and GPU graphics programming skills. Experience in software development lifecycle and knowledge of software engineering best practices are also required. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will help to ensure the quality, scalability, and extensibility of the code that we’re writing.
Your daily work will involve the design, implementation, documentation and testing of code, liaising with other engineers in the team, the product owner and lead engineer as necessary to ensure that the code meets the requirements of the customer and is delivered in a timely fashion.
It will be amongst your responsibilities to understand Foundry’s business and the wider industry. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be encouraged to play an active role in communicating with external companies / customers, understanding and sharing requirements and proposed solutions. Where appropriate you may represent and support the company at external events.
- Extensive experience of commercial software development and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of GPU graphics programming, profiling and debugging
- Excellent knowledge of OpenGL and/or Vulkan
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong understanding of computer architecture (CPU, GPU, caches, memory, etc)
- Good track record of problem-solving
- Successful experience of working in a development team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Metal and Direct3D 11 or 12 beneficial
- Knowledge of Qt beneficial
- Experience of developing rendering technology for the visual effects or gaming industries beneficial
- Experience of cross-platform development including macOS, Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of Python beneficial
- Familiarity with Agile development practices beneficial
THE PERKS & BENEFITS.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Gym Discounts
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.