A new corporate-backed, multi-sector, incubator and accelerator
Startup Studio Head of Engineering
We’re searching for an entrepreneurial Head of Engineering to support the technical side of Founders Factory portfolio businesses. The strength of our engineering team is core to building our tech startups from scratch from our studio. In this role you will be both a technical and people leader. You will be responsible for supporting engineers to do their best work and empowering them to succeed at taking on the challenges at the heart of the tech startups we build together.
This role will suit you if you are you an experienced engineering manager but want to go beyond individual projects and have an impact on many teams and startups.
- Knowledge of engineering practices and what defines good quality code
- Learning new technologies and approaches to building good software
- Apply your own diverse software development skills, knowledge & experience across a range of sectors, business models, & products
- Work closely with your fellow leadership team (including Product, Design, Data Science, & Talent) to identify risks and opportunities around team & strategy for our startups
- Be accountable for supporting hiring of potential technical cofounders for our portfolio startups
- Support the tech leads of our startup teams to help set their product & technical strategy
- Ensure learnings from each team & project are brought together to feed back into consistent best practices and processes for the new startups we’re building
- Provide technical & career mentorship for the members of the tech team
- Help shape the strategic direction of the Founders Factory incubation model
- Have engineering management experience in a high-growth startup or medium-sized product-focused tech company
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains
- Passionate about building businesses and the idea of helping form many new tech startups & teams every year
- Genuinely enjoy mentoring and coaching engineers to guide their professional, technical and personal development as well as motivating and challenging them to focus on delivering high-quality solutions that match the business requirements of a startup
- Enthusiastic about defining and cultivating a product-oriented engineering culture that instils a spirit of continuous improvement in all aspects of building products, while fostering multi-disciplinary teams that value inclusive and respectful collaboration
- Well organised, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple projects/businesses concurrently
- Worked on a diverse set of full stack technologies including experience with web, mobile, data and infrastructure
- Knowledgeable of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks, e.g. React, Angular, Django, Rails, iOS, or Android.
- Share options in the Founders Factory New York portfolio
- Private medical insurance and pension
- Flexible working
- Shared maternity and paternity policies
Founders Factory at a glance
Founders Factory focuses on Digital Media, Information Technology, Education, Online Travel, and Beauty. Their company has offices in London, Bucharest, and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.