Auth on the blockchain
Software Engineer (Platform)$80k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Fortmatic is seeking to work with a curious, talented, and self-motivated Platform Engineer with an insatiable appetite for learning and self improvement. You are passionate about implementing software solutions to achieve high maintainability, availability and scalability. As a Platform Engineer on the team you'll be working collaboratively with other amazing engineers owning everything that you build 100% of the way. You will flow seamlessly between building out solutions to improve deployment processes, operations procedures and system metrics tracking to building out core backend systems, kick-ass features, and intuitive/performant APIs.
Fortmatic fully operates in a public cloud environment (AWS). We heavily adopt untested-code-is-bad-code philosophy. We believe in automation to scale. System imperfections, and inefficiencies is the Bane to your Batman, and pragmatism is your north star.
- Design and build backend systems that powers the Fortmatic experience
- Build and improve our APIs so that they are as scalable, performant, intuitive as can be
- Own the architecture and development of system components to improve monitoring, alerting and stability with compliance and security in mind
- Build upon the foundation of the existing systems to support and enhance the productivity of the entire engineering team in San Francisco, Denver and Toronto
- Develop internal SLOs and SLIs to drive service reliability and to support external SLAs
- Collaborate with other engineers to optimize our software engineering processes and procedures
What you bring to the team
- 3+ years of Platform experience working in a cross functional team (design, frontend, platform and operations) with strong communication skill
- Expert in Python (Go/Ruby is a plus)
- Strong foundation in API design, distributed system design and backend implementation
- Proficient in network design and virtual cloud implementation
- Have experience in containerization technologies. Ex: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Production experience in SQL and database design using MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- Production experience in networking and virtual cloud implementation
- Have used/implemented SDL at your previous workplaces
- Have worked with serverless stack (FaaS)
- Have a startup personality and mentality: smart, hardworking, productive, team player, integrity, can execute under pressure
Technologies that we are currently using include Python, MySQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, HashiCorp (Vault/Terraform), etc. We are deeply driven by the agile development principles. We are looking for people who share the same philosophy, perform under pressure and are comfortable with frequent change requests. We are remote-friendly.
We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage.
Employees can decide when they want to work from home. No hard rules on this.
We have catered lunch everyday from Monday to Friday.
We have a pet friendly office. We currently have two little birds in the office. We will not say no to bulldogs, corgi or any other pets.
We encourage engineers go to different conferences and meetup events.
Every quarter, we will have a company offsite. Most recently, we went to Angel Island for BBQ and an escape room.
There is no hard rules on the work hours. Our engineers typically get in the office around 10AM and work till 6PM. We not only want employees to stay engaged with the team, but also want them to work based on their schedule.
We offer relocation stipend if you are coming from out of state