Senior Hardware Engineer$90k – $140k
FORT Robotics is growing quickly, Join the team!
We have an immediate need for a Senior Hardware Engineer who is excited to take on challenging projects and define the future of safety and security for intelligent and autonomous machines.
- This position can be based in Philadelphia, PA or remote
What you’ll do:
Help us make the world safer and more efficient with a strong focus on safety and reliability. Our hardware engineers work on a variety of novel robotic, industrial control, and safety systems in a fast-paced environment.
● Embedded hardware development including battery powered, multiprocessor, rugged wireless systems
● Support for existing products in production including software and hardware updates for EOL parts, cost reductions, new features, and manufacturing improvements
● Internal and external product documentation including development plans, design documentation, and user documentation
● Creation and execution of test plans for hardware and software validation
● Development and support of factory test environments for both board and system level testing
● Compliance with safety and regulatory requirements (FCC, UL, CE, OSHA, RIA, etc.)****
What you need to be successful:
● Extensive PCB design experience
● Extensive experience designing rugged I/O systems that meet ISO 7637-2 and SAE J1113-11 or similar
● Extensive experience with basic circuit design with I/O intensive microcontrollers and microprocessors
● Experience developing real time bare metal and RTOS based microcontroller systems in C
● 2+ years working with Altium Designer (or similar design tool)
● Experience with other schematic capture and PCB layout tools (OrCAD, Allegro, PADs, Eagle, etc.)
● Passion for developing new revolutionary products and technologies
● 7-20 years of related engineering experience
● BS in Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering or related field
What makes you stand out:
● Experience with power supply design in battery powered or vehicle mounted systems
● Experience with wireless communications and RF design
● Experience working with embedded Linux systems
● Experience designing functionally safe systems (IEC 61508, ISO 13849, etc.)
● Experience with EMC, ESD, environmental, or other regulatory testing requirements
● Experience working in a rigorous and documented development environment
● 2+ years embedded software experience working with C, C++, Python
Why FORT Robotics:
• We are developing solutions to ensure safety and security of robots and other intelligent machines for some of the most impactful companies in autonomy
• Our people are our strength. Our most valuable asset is our collaborative team of experienced engineers from a variety of backgrounds
• Everyone has a voice in the development process-the best solutions come from the combination of a variety of perspectives
• We are a venture-backed start-up that is growing quickly, but with the stability of a customer base established over 5+ years in the industry.
• We offer competitive benefits and compensation stay healthy and focused on innovation
Who we are:
Fort Robotics is a VC-backed company building the world’s first full-stack safety and security platform for intelligent machines. With the growth of AI, distributed and inexpensive processing, ubiquitous wireless, and robotics technologies, it’s clear that the future of many industries will involve humans collaborating with intelligent machines in shared workspaces. Although compelling from a productivity perspective, this scenario demands that we establish a new paradigm for human safety and machine security around mobile machines that are big enough and close enough to be dangerous, and that are running experimental AI whose safety cannot be established. To that end, we are hiring aggressively to fulfill our vision for the future of intelligent machines!
Fort Robotics at a glance
Fort Robotics focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Industrial Automation, Software, and Embedded Hardware and Software. Their company has offices in Philadelphia. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.