Systems Manager£40k – £43k
As a Systems Manager for Formula E, you must strive to explore and understand new technologies and these solutions need to meet new business needs within our eco system. Your mission is it to operate, design and update our internal IT and the systems we use to organise and produce a race from a technology point of view. You will be reviewing our current systems and using user feedback to increase the productivity and make sure that like our championship, we are at a sustainable pinnacle with today’s and tomorrow’s technology.
During the racing season you will be a on-site at the different race tracks supporting and operating some of the technology infrastructure we use to produce a Formula E race as of today.
Like everyone within the technology department you will deliver hard and software to end-users next to providing end-user support, licensing tracking, system maintenance, documentation, upgrades and migrations and changes. You must have organisational skills to run multiple projects with similar priorities.
You Day to Day Responsibilities, including but not limited to the following areas:
• Operate, update and design our core services/systems used within the Formula E eco system
• Evaluate new technologies and operationalize for production use.
• Maintain and operate local network and perimeter security devices.
• Support staff with presentation and conference call facilities and keep these systems operational and updated
• Performing daily system/network monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all services and key processes.
• Supervise daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media and location following company’s Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Support fellow Technology members with staging laptops and getting new hires on board
• Contribute to the user experience and features design process of company’s digital platforms.
• Actively review company’s system ecosystem and suggest changes.
• Maintain and update companies internal Technology policies and make sure they are up to date with current standards
• Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and licenses.
• Document internal procedures and design
• Prepare and host workshops about internal tech tools and procedures for our employees.
• Perform out of hours and weekend support as per the department’s schedule. During a race day, will be required to be available ‘on-call’, over evenings and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience in administering and setting up Office 365, OSX, Microsoft Windows, VMWARE ESXI.
• Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networks, internet connectivity and mobile platforms. Meraki and/or Aerohive, a plus.
• Administer and control personal, cloud and server backups. (Scripts, Crashplan and Veeam Backup)
• Build, mount and install servers from scratch on physical or virtual environments.
• Deploy and maintain mobile devices and computers by MDM, JAMF pro is a plus.
• Basic scripting knowledge
• Experience in process design and setting up data workflows.
• Strong team player and willingness to perform hands-on functions.
• Very good communication skills, solid team work ethic and positive attitude for learning new skills and technologies quickly.
• Patience is essential.
• Excellent research abilities to supplement experience in resolving issues and providing advice/recommendations on technical subjects.
• Ability to interface effectively with users in a multilingual environment and respond quickly to changing situations.
• Event background and/or knowledge, a plus
• Sports motivated/driven
• Passion for the sport and the race!
• A desire to inspire
• Be hungry, humble and people smart (know how to interact in a team under pressure)