Breaking down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be
Graphic Designer$65k – $80k
FORM (www.formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of a diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that deliver performance metrics in real-time.
Our founder and CEO, Dan Eisenhardt, swam competitively for 14 years before starting his career as a sports technology entrepreneur. His previous company, Recon Instruments, introduced the world’s first smart eyewear for sports in 2010 and was acquired by Intel in 2015. FORM employs many of the people from that original team, leveraging decades of combined expertise in sports-eyewear design, activity-tracking algorithms, and augmented-reality optics.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing all marketing assets (both digital and print) shaping and defining FORM’s visual language and identity as a new swim technology brand. This role will report to FORM’s Director of Marketing and requires a proactive person who is accountable for results and is comfortable working both independently and within cross-disciplinary teams.
- Develop all assets for web, emails, ads, social media and physical marketing collateral.
- Assets should have a consistent look and feel delivering an integrated brand identity.
- Work with key stakeholders to art-direct photo shoots.
- Refine and update the FORM brand guidelines as needed.
- Chair design reviews and meetings, and collaborate with stakeholders when necessary.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Self-starter who can efficiently manage workload prioritization and execution consistently to a high standard, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of designs covering digital (including web, email, and social media) and print with detailed descriptions of your process, role, and contribution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least four years of industry experience.
- Website/webpage design for responsive websites - including working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Designing company emails following and expanding on our existing style guide.
- Work with the Social Media Manager to create ongoing posts for all major social media channels.
- Proven ability to create compelling illustrations, working with typography to enhance designs.
- Strong photography and photo-editing skills with the ability to edit from raw to full.
- Expert user of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to create designs for physical print material (signage, swag, banners, postcards, etc.).
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Comfortable initiating design reviews, and possesses solid presentation skills.
- Experience building animations with Adobe After Effects a plus.
- Passionate about solving design problems but comfortable as part of an ego-free team.
- Proactive with great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup. A self-starter who thrives in this environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities.
- Have a background in swimming or triathlon, or fitness-oriented.
- Experience in the tech industry or have a tech background.
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.