Our ai agatha makes it easy to be a “genius” at customer support
We're building AI-driven user experiences that embed information into employee workflows, starting with our AI solution for customer support agents: Agatha.
Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, Forethought’s mission is to "enable everyone to be a genius at their job".Forethought has raised over $10M in VC funding from top-investors including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Village Global (the venture firm backed by Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Reid Hoffman), K9 Ventures, and the CEOs of Robinhood, Front, and Carta. In 2018, Forethought launched and won at TechCrunch Disrupt -- the world's most prestigious startup competition -- and was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30.
We are looking to hire a Sales Manager to successfully lead and manage a team of 7 Account Executives. In this role, you will own and drive revenue through successfully leading your team to acquire new customers, in correlation to successfully growing existing customers to overachieve targets. You will work closely with executive management, sales training, recruiting, customer success, marketing, and product teams on tasks that help move larger company initiatives forward and drive successful business outcomes.
As a data-driven organization, you will be required to use a variety of measurement tools including Salesforce CRM, Database, ZoomInfo, HubSpot, Clari, and reports, scorecards, and surveys to gauge the effectiveness of your work within your team.
Why Join The Forethought’s Sales Team: Our sales team is a collaborative group of diverse individuals who embody Forethought’s core values. We’re on a mission as a team to help companies enable their employees to be a genius in their jobs. Collectively, our team fosters an environment that holds one another accountable, are continually looking to improve, and value honest and direct communication.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ Years Management Experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- 5+ Years Sales Experience in a complex B2B SaaS environment
- Shows a consistent track record of over-achieving against targets
- Exceptional at running a consultative sales process through conceptual selling while also successfully demonstrating ROI
- Managed a sales team and have been successful at team building, career development, and developing overachieving sale leaders
- Demonstrates experience owning and leading projects to successful outcomes
- Ability to adapt, manage, and lead positively through change
- Successfully applied analytical skills that uncover individual insights and team trends while remaining focused on the GTM strategy
- Have demonstrated the ability of when and how to work cross functionally to leverage peers skill sets that help drive revenue outcomes
- Are exceptional at hiring, recruiting, and retaining top talent that encompass Forethought’s core values, as well as, add a positive and diverse approach to the team
How You Will Positively Lead:
- Successfully manage a team of 7 Account Executives that are responsible to generate net-new customers, while also successfully growing their existing customers through upsell and cross-sell sales motions.
- Lead, coach, and enable each Account Executive to build a qualified pipeline through overachieving against daily activity metrics, monthly opportunity generation, and quarterly revenue targets.
- Build genuine trust with each individual on your team through your ability to adapt to the way in which each Account Executive learns best while also developing a culture that is diverse and inclusive, holds each other accountable, and is continually looking to improve.
- Are collaborative with cross-functional departments such as; revenue operations, training and enablement, marketing, customer success, finance, and product.
- Able to conduct successful trainings that focus on improving each Account Executive in developing their sales skills, AI knowledge, business acumen, leadership skills, and career development.
- Retain, develop, and promote your top sales talent.
- Recruit exceptional sales people to join your team that have Forethought’s core values, as well as, add to the overall culture in a positive, diverse, and respectful way.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Customer Support, AI & NLU/NLP.
- Have been able to be proactive and can a sense of urgency with identifying leading indicators of upcoming opportunities and challenges.
Forethought at a glance
Forethought focuses on SaaS, Search, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Forethought has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.