Our ai agatha makes it easy to be a “genius” at customer support
Frontend Software Engineer
About Forethought:Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, Forethought’s mission is to "enable everyone to be a genius at their job". We're building AI-driven user experiences that embed information into employee workflows, starting with our AI solution for customer support agents: Agatha.
Forethought has raised over $10M in VC funding from top-investors including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Village Global (the venture firm backed by Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Reid Hoffman), K9 Ventures, and the CEOs of Robinhood, Front, and Carta. In 2018, Forethought launched and won at TechCrunch Disrupt -- the world's most prestigious startup competition -- and was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30.
We are building the future of unstructured information in the enterprise, tackling a $30B+ market opportunity, and we’re assembling a world-class team to help us get there.
What a typical week may look like at Forethought:
- Work with Backend Team to develop or modify an API endpoint
- Work with Design Team to develop a pixel-perfect interface
- Help think of new features and product ideas
- Test and launch your code to the world's largest companies
- Iterate and do it all over again
What we value and look for in a Front-End Software Engineer:
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS with modern libraries (React.js, Vue.js, etc.)
- Strong coding ability; able to work in large code-bases with fluency
- Solid grasp of computer science, algorithms and data structures
- Past work building web or mobile applications in a real world setting
- Detailed ability to implement pixel-perfect UI from pixel-perfect mock-ups
- "Full-stack" mentality; ability to write backend code in Python or Node.js
- Adaptable, humble, and interested in making an impact
- 3+ years experience in Front-End or UI Developer job
- [Required] BSc in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Build category-defining products
- Work with world class talent (ex Facebook, Palantir, Dropbox, LinkedIn)
- A chance to be an early member of the team, with equity to match
- Make an impact, and help make everyone a genius at their job
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
Forethought at a glance
Forethought focuses on SaaS, Search, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Forethought has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.